Painting sway bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, after 8 years and quite some kilometers, my sway bar paint is brushed around the area cover by the bushing. Two or three coat of paint should do the trick and help secure the sway bar back in the bushing so it wont move in it. New bushing fixed the problem about 80% and the rest of the play is due to the paint going away. Any input of what paint to use, if I can use spray on paint and primer or anything?

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I just use a wire wheel and 2-3 coats of Tremclad rust paint ...
It's a lot easier without a rad in the way ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahah I'm gonna remove it so I can paint it all. Take like what, 5 minut to remove? Do you think mat finish will damage the bushing?

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not talking about painting the bushing. If you paint the sway bar with mat finish paint, it will be rash inside the bushing unlike the smooth of a glossy finish, aren't you worry about premature wear of the bushing?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't think it would make a difference. I mean the smoothness is what matters not the shine IMO.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matte doesn't equal rough. Matte just means it's not glossy....it's just as smooth.

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sell your Jeep and get this one on Kijiji 1003267720. Trail ready low mileage and close by. If I hadn't done everything myself already that's what I would have done.

Latest posts

Members online