paint matching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chitownjohnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Living in Chicago Rust is inevitable. Since Just purchased my 06 liberty sport I have found a few spots of body rust and chipped paint. Now according to Jeep my paint color is Atlantic Blue Pearl Coat (PBJ)
I went to local parts store just to get a rattle can but they dont seem to have exact match closest I can find is Dupli-Color Perfect Match BCC0409 - Touch Up Paint | O'Reilly Auto Parts

This seems dark I am looking for close since I am sure fading has occurred.
Any suggerstions or places to get a rattle can to match would be great

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call the dealer. I know my local mopar dealers I use have the touch up paint at least. Couldn't tell you if they actually have rattle cans though.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in the sticks of hicksville in Arkansas we have a PPG paint store where they can use OE paint code, then begin lightening/darkening until it's a near perfect match. Once they get the match they'll mix any quantity you want from a custom on-the-spot filled rattle can to 5 gallon pail. NOT a cheap service, but it's what you say you want.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you can usually find a match on amazon. I went to autozone and got a touch up pen with the little nail polish brush too. Works good wasnt using for rust though. Just little dings.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to mention a lot of places, if you take a paint chip in to them, it will get matched exactly. I've had that done before on my previous vehicle when I needed the rear bumper repaired. I should have done that when I touched up the front hood on the Libby, I have a slightly lighter spot where I used OEM touch up paint on it.