P1267 #4 Glowplug voltage low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mopars-Only

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to my Innova scanner, my check engine light is setting because of the P1267 code. I don't even find that code in the Factory Service Manual, it is just not listed. For that reason, I guess they put it in the PCM when they flashed it during the recall they did very early on. They swapped out my torque converter, lower ball joints and EGR valve. This thing has been pretty much bullet proof, and I guess eventually something had to cause some problems.
Any past experience with this code would be very helpful, I would love to hear about it. I don't find the glowplug listed anywhere aftermarket online this evening, so I guess I will try the Jeep dealer in the morning.
This code resets as soon as you restart the engine, after clearing it from the system.

Jeff

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to my Innova scanner, my check engine light is setting because of the P1267 code. I don't even find that code in the Factory Service Manual, it is just not listed. For that reason, I guess they put it in the PCM when they flashed it during the recall they did very early on. They swapped out my torque converter, lower ball joints and EGR valve. This thing has been pretty much bullet proof, and I guess eventually something had to cause some problems.
Any past experience with this code would be very helpful, I would love to hear about it. I don't find the glowplug listed anywhere aftermarket online this evening, so I guess I will try the Jeep dealer in the morning.
This code resets as soon as you restart the engine, after clearing it from the system.

Jeff

I do not find the P1267 code either. Bear in mind that there have been some cases where the wire harness to the glow plugs have been installed incorrectly so although it calls out glow plug #4 it may actually be glow plug #2 that is at fault. Best to pull the leads off and measure with an accurate Ohm meter to see if any glow plug shows a different reading to the other three.:freak3:

Mopars-Only

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Early on the wiring harness connected to the glow plugs was crossed up between glowplugs 1 and 4; my own CRD was found to be that way when they got it in to do the EGR change. The first 1500 or so units came with one type EGR valve, and then they swapped over the production to a newer style. The early models were the ones with genuine EGR failures, or so my dealer service people told me anyway. A lot of that stuff turned out to be hype. They changed mine out to the newer style back in the fall of `05 and since then I have not seen the check engine light until this incident, due to the glowplug failure.
The parts people at the dealer tell me they sell a retrofit kit of four glowplugs and a relay. The older plugs are no longer manufactured. They want something like $185 for that kit. I am told you have to have the PCM/ECM flashed too, in the process. I just wondered if this is truly the only way to go about repairing this issue.
thanks for your reply, I might go check the glowplugs and see just what is going on.

Jeff

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Early on the wiring harness connected to the glow plugs was crossed up between glowplugs 1 and 4; my own CRD was found to be that way when they got it in to do the EGR change. The first 1500 or so units came with one type EGR valve, and then they swapped over the production to a newer style. The early models were the ones with genuine EGR failures, or so my dealer service people told me anyway. A lot of that stuff turned out to be hype. They changed mine out to the newer style back in the fall of `05 and since then I have not seen the check engine light until this incident, due to the glowplug failure.
The parts people at the dealer tell me they sell a retrofit kit of four glowplugs and a relay. The older plugs are no longer manufactured. They want something like $185 for that kit. I am told you have to have the PCM/ECM flashed too, in the process. I just wondered if this is truly the only way to go about repairing this issue.
thanks for your reply, I might go check the glowplugs and see just what is going on.

Jeff

If you change from the older ceramic glow plugs to the newer all metal plugs...you do have to have the ECM flashed as they run off different voltages....cant remember offhand the different voltages...there are lots of posts in Lostjeep.com regarding this issue.