P0353 or gas pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farhopian

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My kj shut off on me while i was driving the orher day. I put it in N and it started back up. I went about 30 yards and it did the same thing. Started back up and died again this time about 10 yards down the road. This time it didnt start again so i had it towed to a shop. They call and tell me they cant get the computer to comunicate so they want to replace the tcm and reprogram it. When i got to the shop the mechanic took off the gas cap and said he couldn't hear the gas pump turning on. So, my question is should i get the gas pump replaced. Would i have to fix the computer as well because it seems like they are trying to use it to diagnose the problem. Thanks for your feedback.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
What year is your KJ?
hmmm....What exact model scan tool is the "shop" using?
It needs a dealer DRBIII or known as starscan.
A properly configured snap on, ultra, should be able to connect.
P0353 is Ignition Coil #3 Primary Circuit.
Fuel pump pressure at rail is required & follow diagnostics from a factory manual.
Higher psi will be found on a 4 block pcm 55-60 psi running.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull out the fuel pump relay and with from under the hood ignition turned ON jumper pins 30 and 87 together inside the empty relay socket...you should hear the gas pump running....also check the fuses.Put a voltmeter across the pump terminals to see if you get +12 volts there...if voltage is there but pump is not running then replace the pump.

Does the engine crank over when you turn the key?

Last edited: