P0325 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegapgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty with 217000 miles on it. I love it! And it does not owe me a day.

Question: my check engine light popped on and a P0325 (knock sensor) is displayed on my dash. Yet the vehicle runs perfectly fine.

What is this code? And do I need to do anything to shut it off??

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are sensors mounted directly on the engine to make sure it doesn't 'knock'. To put it simply, it makes sure the engine is firing at the right time. One of your knock sensors must be bad. They are fairly easy to see, I've looked at them before. Pretty sure there is one on each side of the block under the heads.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are usually easy to see and reasonably easy to get to, 1 bolt holding it to the side of the block.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since the 3.7 is the only KJ engine that uses knock sensors we now know you have the 3.7.They are located under the intake manifold and bolted directly to the engine block.So the intake must be removed to test of replace.Only use OEM knock sensors and must follow install instructions to the letter or you will have big issues.

The knock sensors are detecting a cylinder knock and retarding timing.You must have a bad sensor,replace both at the same time.Couple hundred doller repair job after the sensors and gaskets.

thegapgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Is the $200 quote at the dealer? Also do I need to take it to the dealer for the repair or can any auto repair shop do the work??

Thank you.

Latest posts

Members online