P0305

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been getting a P0305 error. (#5 Cyl misfire) This has been off and on for over a month now. I am usually not this patient but have given DC every chance to repair this. They have flashed the comp twice, relpaced coil, plug, they have even now replaced valve springs( Which I think is absurd for this issue) Been fighting for awhile now.

In the shop again for the 5th time. They just ordered an intake valve and head gasket. (Still won't fix it. It has to be driven 200-300 miles before it comes back. Intermittent does not equal mechanical defect usually)

I stilll think it is the computer, but DC refuses to "approve" a comp replacement. This is the last time. It will go away if this does not correct it. DC is not very customer friendly with persistent problems that point to the lemon status of a vehicle.

Anybody here had to deal with DC on a lemon. Know I am in for a battle.

BTW- This is the wife's Libby. I have not had any issues with mine.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. Picked up the Libby Friday night. They replaced the valves and seats in #5 along with the #5 injector. Only put on a few miles so far, but will see if this does it. I am still skeptical how a mechanical issues such as that can cause an intermittent problem. But it's their parts and my warranty so we'll see.

FYI DC says they have seen this before and this is what it tool to fix the issue, so if anyone else begins having this issue, put this in your memory banks.

I will update after we run it more and determine if this is over or not.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still running good. More power than it has ever had. I just got a call from a buddy at the dealership, he said another 05 just came in with the same code and symptoms. This one however threw the rocker, broke a valve spring, bent the valve and knocked a large hole in the valve cover on the #5 cylinder.

Not sure what it is about #5 in 05 but keep an eye out for this if you have an 05.

Peace out!

Katmandu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still running good. More power than it has ever had. I just got a call from a buddy at the dealership, he said another 05 just came in with the same code and symptoms. This one however threw the rocker, broke a valve spring, bent the valve and knocked a large hole in the valve cover on the #5 cylinder.

Not sure what it is about #5 in 05 but keep an eye out for this if you have an 05.
Very interesting.

My wife's 05 Lib (w/50k miles), just started making loud rattling noises upon cold start up.

I believe there is a TSB somewhere concerning the valve train on 05 3.7s. ??? I haven't been able to find it yet.

Anybody know of this TSB ???