P0300 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeep Thinkin

Reaction score
Hi all, the CEL has been on my '05 liberty for quite a while now showing the dreaded p0300 random/multiple cylinder misfire code. I have changed the plugs and coils with no change. I also changed an O2 sensor which was coding as well. It runs fine most of the time, but every now and again on take off decides to hesitate with no power and CEL flashes. After a few seconds power kicks in and it takes right off. There are no additional cylinder codes making it very hard to diagnose. Once reset the code doesn't come on for a day or more. Have any of you had this issue, or something similar? Any suggestions as to possible fixes? Thanks.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to monitor what the PCM is seeing via a higher end scanner when the MIL starts flashing or access any freeze frame data and that will pin point the direction needed to go.

From past experience I'd be looking at the cats as the cause.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny, I just got that code thrown today! Brought it to oreilieys and they said just check your coil wires and I did with no outcome. I've noticed no performance change in anything, and I had my dad clear the code and have yet to see it again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.