Overland Jeep Wheels on KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All, Just wanted a quick question answering from someone who knows about stud patterns, backspacing etc. Seen these wheels on Ebay and wondered if they would bolt straight on to the KJ? Not sure what year or model designation or stud pattern came on the Overlander so don't really know where to start looking. Am I right in thinking that the wheels need to be hub centric rather than just the bolt pattern (5 on 4 1/2) or do they go hand in hand? i.e. If the bolt pattern is ok, the wheels will be ok? Will there be any rubbing from these or will they be ok? Don't want to buy something and find they don't fit. Thanks in advance, Steve :smokin:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120742558019&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Hoosier. I have asked a similar question before about some different wheels and Tommudd said that wheels from a 93-98 Grand Cherokee would fit but obviously these wheels would be at least 13 years old. Anybody know any other wheels from a newer vehicle that would bolt straight onto the KJ? Looking for sort of 18" or 20" rims. Dodge Nitro etc? So does the bolt pattern (5 on 4 1/2) dictate the hub size or is it still possible to get a 5 on 4 1/2 that would be the wrong hub size? Yours, Confused. :confused:

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing some reading on here I have found that the ford ranger hub is smaller so ranger wheels would not work even though still 4x4.5. When I had my miata I could use Honda or Volkswagen wheels, but they could not use mine because I had a smaller hub. So the answer is yes you can have the right lug pattern but different hub diameters.

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I will have to keep looking for some KJ ones then, or sort my original ones out to get rid of the peeling lacquer. I have seen a couple of people with what appear to be chrome or polished alloy 6 spoke KJ wheels on here somewhere? LibertyTC? Are they chrome or polished alloy? And if they are polished alloy, how did you get the lacquer to stick to them to protect them from road salt etc? Steve :smokin:

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I will have to keep looking for some KJ ones then, or sort my original ones out to get rid of the peeling lacquer. I have seen a couple of people with what appear to be chrome or polished alloy 6 spoke KJ wheels on here somewhere? LibertyTC? Are they chrome or polished alloy? And if they are polished alloy, how did you get the lacquer to stick to them to protect them from road salt etc? Steve :smokin:

Thanks Hoosier. Just wanted to bump this up for anyone with chromed/polished original rims? Steve