Ouch!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highway carnage = $470.00.

I'm driving down the freeway and a truck next to me runs over some road debris which jumps up and takes out my fender flare, parking light assembly and part of the bumper. At least there was no sheet metal damage....

You must be registered for see images

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch! At least nothing came through the windshield!

That stuff scares me... recently a truck in the Toronto area lost a PAIR of wheels, still attached... there's some debris you wouldn't want to run into. Luckily it went bouncing across the highway and hit no one.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZKJ, I am glad it didn't go through the drivers window or something. You are right, it looks just like only the plastic is damaged from the pics. That was lucky. You need to buy a lottery ticket now....haha

Dave

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AZKJ, I am glad it didn't go through the drivers window or something. You are right, it looks just like only the plastic is damaged from the pics. That was lucky. You need to buy a lottery ticket now....haha

Dave
LOL... yeah, I think I will!! Maybe then my wife will let me lift both KJ and the JK, after I take her on an Alaskan Cruise.

AJ

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad your ok....good think it looks to be all cosmetic...

Cool wheel/tire combo. And the color of your KJ... :)

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to be a good time for an ARB bumper since your current one needs to be replaced now anyway.

And also glad your okay and that the damage was not worse.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow you got lucky... Like when i hit the deer... Just cosmetic plastic damage!

Body work and paint ***** as stuff adds up so fast then, thats a bolt on repair as my shop here likes to call it.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the heck did he kick up? Cant believe it just took the fender off and didnt do any more damage. Pretty lucky.

I was driving up I-75 one day and there was a fold up ladder right in the middle of the road! Went around it but the guy behind me clipped it. Not sure how it didnt blow his tire out but it was something else to see.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Remember once when I hit a flying brick on I 65 with my 92 Blazer....just bent up the rear quarter panel a bit, near the rear the bumper...

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta watch out for those flying bricks!!! LOL

A friend of mine took out the oil pan on his Neon two years ago on interstate, ran over what he thought was a tire cap from a semi trailer, turned out to be more like half a tire, went under and ripped the oil pan.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That *****, but at least it didn't damage anything structural or very difficult to replace.

my brother in law works for his dad at an auto glass shop and he has shown me a picture of a crow bar through a windshield. Little old lady driving almost peed her pants, but she kept her cool and slowly pulled over.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was on the 401 near Toronto... U-Haul trailer tire... the driver got lucky!