Ouch - T-Boned...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
THAT was $8k?!

Glad you got it back and it looks like everything's put together right! :)

Now I see how cars with seemingly minor damage end up totaled!

Last edited:

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THAT was $8k?!

Glad you got it back and it looks like everything's put together right! :)

Now I see how cars with seemingly minor damage end up totaled!

Dude, you can't walk into a body shop and say "Good morning!" for under $1000!

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. It costs a ton to get stuff fixed right. But it wasn't out of my pocket, so that's OK. As long as it was done right, I am happy.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, you can't walk into a body shop and say "Good morning!" for under $1000!

You got that right!

My minor deer hit, just plastic damage, was nearly $2k, and he had body damage i didn't. You start replacing body panels and doing paint and it adds up damn fast.

Did they have to repaint the whole thing for a match or just the new front clip?

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front Clip and Front doors both sides, but the color match is dead on.

Awesome...

Sounds like the body shop knew what they were doing there then. Most of them will try and cheap out on the paint job.

When i hit that deer i was freaking out not because of "i just hit a deer" as i knew my insurance would take care of me, but because i was thinking "oh great, body damage, new paint job, this is going to take a while"....

A metallic paint job like my Pearl Blue Metallic is hard to match up if a panel gets repainted.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Awesome...

Sounds like the body shop knew what they were doing there then. Most of them will try and cheap out on the paint job.

I see these kinds of paint jobs all the time. I can't describe HOW it looks, it's almost like not enough clear coat was applied? It looks rough, and not shiny/glossy.

THey usually come from those "We pay your deductible" places. Ick.

But you wanna know what some of the shops around here have been doing? Take your car/truck/SUV to their shop and they install a license plate frame and/or sticker with the shop's name and phone number. They'll even go as far as to remove the plate frame you already had, to install theirs.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see these kinds of paint jobs all the time. I can't describe HOW it looks, it's almost like not enough clear coat was applied? It looks rough, and not shiny/glossy.

THey usually come from those "We pay your deductible" places. Ick.

But you wanna know what some of the shops around here have been doing? Take your car/truck/SUV to their shop and they install a license plate frame and/or sticker with the shop's name and phone number. They'll even go as far as to remove the plate frame you already had, to install theirs.

A shop does that to my vehicle and i won't sign over the check from the insurance company until they put it back the way it was. I have no dealer or shop stickers or crap on my KJ and its going to stay that way.

My body shop here wouldn't do something like that anyway, he takes pride in his work and doesn't need cheapened advertising saying "this vehicle was wrecked and fixed here". He says he wants people to look at a vehicle and not even know he worked on it.. Strong words from a body guy...

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A shop does that to my vehicle and i won't sign over the check from the insurance company until they put it back the way it was. I have no dealer or shop stickers or crap on my KJ and its going to stay that way.

My body shop here wouldn't do something like that anyway, he takes pride in his work and doesn't need cheapened advertising saying "this vehicle was wrecked and fixed here". He says he wants people to look at a vehicle and not even know he worked on it.. Strong words from a body guy...

I totally agree with that^ statement. The work done should always speak for itself.