OTIS/EVIC differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know there is a how to thread for this but i just wanted to know if there was really any difference between the OTIS and the EVIC besides the buttons.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the buttons are nicer on the EVIC..the display is the same size, but the text is bigger on the EVIC than on the OTIS.

either/or would've worked for me, i just couldn't find an OTIS that worked in an '04 at the time.

other than that, they are the same (same trim, outline, shape, etc.)

and as noted, the wiring is interchangeable so if you get the OTIS installed and don't really care for it, you can pick up an EVIC and just swap it.

2003renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just want an overhead computer so either is good for me..lol just wanted to know if there were like feature differences

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just want an overhead computer so either is good for me..lol just wanted to know if there were like feature differences

probably the only "feature" diff is the menu button on the EVIC. It lets you "program" certain features of the PCM, like "honk on door lock", "flash lights on door lock", etc. Most of these are programmable thru other means (turn key 2x's, press lock, unlock...etc.)

that's the only "feature" diff I know about. there are other features separate of the OTIS/EVIC themselves, such as Homelink, and TPMS, as well as sunroof controls (if you have a sunroof.) for instance, i have an EVIC with TPMS, and Homelink.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can set maintenance reminders, program new fobs, set your headlight delay, lights and horn flash for lock & unlock, set auto-lock for the doors and number of doors to remote unlock (one or all). Besides the much nicer display, BCM messages come through the EVIC (i.e., driver/passenger door or backglass ajar).