Ordered the lift!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YJ Nate

Reaction score
Some of you might remember my few threads asking about lift kits and tire fittement on my Wife's 02 KJ.
Well. On Thursday i ordered the lift! Should be here in a few days.
I ended up ordering the Rusty's offroad 2.5" spacer kit with Shocks.
Considering how my YJ's built, i never thought i'd buy a spacer lift for a vahicle. But considering the sort of driving my wife does, the spacer lift is perfect. Shouldnt alter the on-road characteristics much, Should allow for 31's or so, which will give her a more agressive and sporty look, and its inexpensive.

Now on to the next big decision..... Tires/wheels.

Its not getting installed until close to or after christmas (its a christmas present!) but i'll be sure to post lots of pics of the before/after and install once its done.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wonder if it will make the libby ride any worse. Thats the only thing ive been worried about. I would love to find some .75 spacers for the front and rear. Found them for the front, just not the rear.

YJ Nate

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
wonder if it will make the libby ride any worse. Thats the only thing ive been worried about. I would love to find some .75 spacers for the front and rear. Found them for the front, just not the rear.

With a spacer lift all thats really changing is the center of gravity. The suspension is really left unchanged, just moved 2.5" away from its original mounting surface.
So.... It should ride very similar to how it did stock.

At least, thats what i keep telling myself.

skipperb

Reaction score
2002 2.5 Daystar

Have had my lift for 2 years and all it did was make it a little tighter
cant say it made a big difrence put 245/70/16 and it was ok
went to 265/75/16 and had to do major front end work.
245/75 is about average with not much wheel well work. one hour of pounding if I rember . wife cant tell the difrence except getting in.
Good lock
You must be registered for see images attach

kolesy

Reaction score
Skipperb,

You throw the spacer lift on there? Any issues if so in the past two years of having the lift on? I am in the market for a lift and leaning more towards the full up suspension from rustys. Although the price is definitly a factor between the two types of lifts. If no issues with it do you wheel it much?

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the Daystar 1.5" front/2.0" rear spacer lift on mine. cost me $177 for the kit. Installed in 4 hours with garage tools. My jeep sits level all the way around now when measured at the wheel wells. I've had ZERO problems and LOVE this lift. The ride actually was BETTER than stock after installing the lift. I don't know how that happened, but it did.