Ordered '05 Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first Jeep only had Command-Trac. Had I known then what I know now, I would have gotten Selec-Trac back then.

bbermann

Reaction score
jjo-

What is the status of your Rene?

Mine is set to ship 2/1/2005. I was told previously it would ship 1/20/2005. It seems each time I call DC for an update I get a little different interpretation.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It shipped on the 13th (I only ordered it 13 days prior). The dealer doesn't have it yet (although its listed in his inventory).

I also tend to get different interpretations of my order status, depending on which operator I get. (Once, I was told it was in the "F" painting phase on the 13th, then later, I was told it was shipped on the 13th. Both can't be right...) But two different operators on two different days told me it was shipped, so I must assume it was.

So, its somewhere between Toledo and Pittsburgh on the back of a truck (it didn't go by rail).

BTW, do the truckers work today?

Does your exact Liberty appear in your dealer's on-line inventory? I was told that's a good sign it was shipped.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
ooooo.....I think i saw urs.....on the back of the truck..middle, top level....on 1-80 headed east..... :-s j/k's

looks like u might get her sooner than expected....premature delivery?...LoL

bbermann

Reaction score
No, I don't think it is there. But I did realize something kinda funny-
The dealer I'll be picking up from is "Liberty Auto City" in Libertyville, IL.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder why mine was built and shipped before yours when you ordered a week before me?

Well, I don't know for SURE if its shipped, so I could be wrong.

If it was, it might just have been a situation of lucky timing when ordering,.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will .... once I get it.

I suggest you check your dealer's on-line inventory daily; that'll be a good sign as to when it shipped.

I was 100% suprised to see mine listed on-line.

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully in a day or two. You must be getting Anxious. If I had ordered mine like originally planned I would have gotten it this week. Your going to enjoy. Your Liberty.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update...

I got some more info on my order. I talked to yet another customer support person at DC, but this guy was much more helpful than the others. I guess sometimes you get lucky.

He said yes, it did ship on the 13th, but he mentioned that only means it left the factory's assembly line and goes into a "holding" area; it didn't actually start on a truck until yesterday, the 18th.

He also said that they have no way of tracking a new order once they consider an order shipped ("KZ" phase), so I'm to call my dealer for an estimated delivery date.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People have been asking me, and I just like the look better without it. Personal preference I guess.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jjo said:
People have been asking me, and I just like the look better without it. Personal preference I guess.

Think of the gas that you'll save... =D>

I recall Bennett saying that his MPG went down after putting them on. I admit that they look cool, but I doubt I would ever use them (legally) myself. You picked out a nice KJ!

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update...

Here's what I learned from my uncle (a retired Chrysler manager). He asked some of his contacts on the "inside" for a status report on my order.

Apparently, my Jeep (along with others built around the same time) was in a group of others that had a recall soon after being built. The way Chrysler handles recalls for vehicles still on their lot is this: the vehicles aren't shipped, but repaired on-site so the dealerships won't have to perform the recall repair.

My vehicle was fixed and released from their "quality control" area this past weekend. However, it is sitting in a lot with as many as 5000 others.

Here's where having connections pays off: because my uncle was inquiring about this hold up, they are tagging my vehicle as a priority vehicle, and it should be shipped in the next 2 days.

At least now I know.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not very fun at all. At least I had contacts to get me information.

Its only going from Toledo to Pittsburgh. That's the part that kills me.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
jjo said:

Think of the gas that you'll save... =D>

I recall Bennett saying that his MPG went down after putting them on. I admit that they look cool, but I doubt I would ever use them (legally) myself. You picked out a nice KJ!

I'm not sure about the factory bar, it might have less wind resistance. But each light on my roof rack has a surface area of 10.205 times 4 lights, its like 41 square inches on a surface that isn't aero dynamic at all. Plus I also have a basket, but that really didn't create any mpg drops until the lights went on it. But typically it will drop my mpg by 2.5 mpg.

Bennett

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stumbled onto this

I stumbled on to this tracking website:

Cassens Vehicle Tracking

I was told that Cassens is the transport company for Chrysler out of Toledo. If you go to the above site, enter your VIN, and the destination dealer number, you can track your vehicle.

This may not work for everyone, but it can't hurt to check.

(I just ran a check on mine. Nothing. Either it wasn't shipped yet, or my vehicle can't be tracked via this method. I'll try again tomorrow.)