opinion please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
This Libby is on a K5 frame. Thought I had a better pic.
You must be registered for see images attach

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That black looks great! If you do the test post pics, I am curious how it will all look together.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
And as long as we are working on shooting down any modifications of important saftey related designs... Why on earth would someone modify the stock suspension to use conduit nuts? why would they stack up a pair of isolators on a rear spring? Why would someone put a solid front axle under a subframe that was only designed for IFS, there are a lot of tortional differences between the two. why would... etc... yada yada... everyone gets the drift i am sure. you all assume that it's safe because someone did it already and then ran it for 50,000 miles, then you decide it's safe enough to try... I am sure that what you have said about the pinch weld has been said about every other mod that has been done to date... Some of us have to take the first step though, and we do, and we over design it for making it safe, then you can say weather or not it's dangerous. I'm in the day dreaming stages, not the cutting and welding, or even the designing stages.

You are talking to yourself all of the time, mostly not making any sense, just rambling on and on.
Conduit nuts if you knew what they did will not cause a problem since they only serve as a way to measure and get each side the same, they have no weight on them. Bending over the pinch weld doesn't hurt anything since its still welded together. After you get a plan in mind then we'll talk
The title of your post is " opinion please" so then when someone shares their opinion you go off! Thats classic

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This Libby is on a K5 frame. Thought I had a better pic.
You must be registered for see images attach

Didn't this thing get finished? I thought I read that it got finished and was used in a competition of some sort? I would love to see pics of it finished. My plan would be just for a ridiculous 4x4 that is still functional for street, and driving around plus winter wheeling in montana. No competitions... unless a run what ya brung mud bog.

The only opinion i asked for was if I was going overboard on black...
I decided that when I paint the door handles black, they will be drilled, with little silver hex spikes sticking outward of them (they are not sharp, and are only 3/8" protrusion), the spikes are on order with studsandspikes.com this should make my handles kind of match my flares...
they will be the little ones... can't wait!
You must be registered for see images