OO No My poor jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nightowl90028

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, i was in a wreck with my lib, i tell you the back of my jeep sure did hold up though. so heres how my rough day went. I was on my way to work at 7:30am and i was in a turning lane when this 1995 white mercedes came up over a hill and slammed right into the back of me(it really is a dangerous hill because early in the morning it backs up with school kids and you cant see over the hill till you come up on it. Well he hit me going about 40 miles an hour and pushed me forward 2 car lengths(my foot wasnt on the break and i had the clutch in and in neutral. well we were both ok and he got out to make sure i was fine. didnt have the cell phone which sucked because i had to ask him to call my dad to come get me.

Damage:
I drove the car to work(bad idea) on the way the engine light came on my clutch was really hesitant and my car was wayyyy out of alignment.

So i left work at 1:00pm since i was hurtin and had my car towed to a collision center since it wouldnt drive right

picked up a kia spectra rental! omg what junk. The lady called me about 2 hours later and said she had an estimate 5200 in damage. I was hoping they would total it and i would get another one but nope there going to fix it and so she left me a voicemail with the details

NEW TAILIGHT GUARDS, NEW MUD FLAPS..NEW BUMPER, TAILLIGHTS, 4 NEW TIRES, NEW GAS TANK, NEW REAR LIFT GATE AND TAILGATE NEW SPARE TIRE NEW EXHAUST NEW FENDER FLARES NEW RUNNING BOARDS A BUNCH OF NEW STUFF ON THE UNDER CARRIAGE SHE SAID IT WAS A BUNCH OF MISCELLANOUS THINGS THAT NEEDED TO BE DONE PLUS IT NEEDS TO BE REPAINTED AND REALIGHEND SO they will have the car they said till the 13th so but what really kills me is that if i ever go to trade in the liberty im going to have to tell them the extent of 5,000 in damage! i mean i owe 21,000 on this thing and 5,000 in damage and the trade in on my 07 6spd is like 13,000 so i may get like 500.00 by the time its paid off and i go to trade it in. i honestly wish he would have totaled it and had me start all over..

But enough ranting! its a car im just glad i was ok!:) my dad took pictures from his disposable camera he has in his accident kit so when he decides to get them developed i will post he took about 30 haha

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
*******-Y man. That totally bites the big one!
At least you are alive. Just make sure you file a lawsuit against the other driver. And please (I'm in a wheelchair as I type due to some dumb F-Head doing the same ting to me-I was in a classic Austin Mini and this person was exceeding 55 MPH.) document everything. And if your father hasn't already done so, take photographs of all skid marks, automotive parts debris on the road surface, exact time of collision, exact weather condition (Download a weather report for the time and day, as well as the amount of daylight, etc.)
How many people (Approximately) were around, etc., etc.
Write down everything, no detail is to small.

If you do end up hurt really bad- as only time will truly indicate (God forbid)
DO NOT DO ANYTHING other than the most basic bodily movements. Keep in mind that you will be watched as though you were placed under a microscope.
I'm not saying "Play-it-up", I'm just wanting to give you the best possible advice from my own personal experience.
It is safe to say that having been rear-ended myself, the driver that hit me was 100% at fault (Are you ready for this??? The male driver was receiving ******** from his boy-friend!

if you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Ryan Heibloem

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the mercedes get totaled?

Glad youre ok and I see what youre saying about it being wrecked. If mine was in a wreck I would hope it would get fixed since Ive put so much work into my Jeep and I plan on driving it till it falls apart... Then Ill SFA it.

nightowl90028

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! yes the mercedes was totaled!! airbags deployed the back spare tire on my jeep crushed his hood all the way up and his frontend slammed into my gas tank and tires so yea his car is totaled..i just cant wait to see my car and get it back all squeeky clean and waxed because this place really does a good clean on a car, im just worried about the damage and that it will never drive the same again :-(

BillyBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My advice, only sue if you have to, not just because.

Of course document everything just in case you have to.

But of course that is my opinion.

As a side story, I had a friend who hit someone one from behind at 5kph, and they tried to sue her for 5 million dollars, saying they had to hire a nurse and a house keeper to do all the work, and were paying 50,000 a month in salaries to these people. The guy who was in the accident was 18 years old, and apparently his parents said he did everything around the house, that's why they had to hire all these people to support him.

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Wow! Glad to hear you are OK!!!!

I don't understand why this affects trade in value?

As long as it's fixed properly, what difference does it make?

2003KJ

Reaction score
I don't understand why this affects trade in value?

As long as it's fixed properly, what difference does it make?

Because it's not how it was when it rolled off the assembly line anymore, aside from normal wear and tear.

Glad to hear you're OK though, and that nobody was killed. Have faith in your body shop. As mentioned, takes as many pictures from all different angles as you can. You can never have too many pictures.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a thought
if you want things that are "after market" installed on your jeep now is the time to do it
I know that most body shops will install what ever you want
best part is they will pay for some of it in a way
say the rear bumper cost $300 well then an after market bumper will hit you
$300 less than retail
same with tires
rear LCA's
you get the picture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear your alright and hope the KJ pulls through too.

I'm still fighting the guy that T-Boned my Amigo. He ran a stop sign, creamed me through the drivers door and shoved me down the road about 150 to 200 feet. The police report states it's his fault, pretty cut and dry, but his insurance company's defense is, the cop wasn't there when it happened, so how does the cop know who's fault it was.

So finally after a year, we get to go to court on tuesday and get things started.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Mercedes was totaled wasn't it?

That stupid gate is 1k alone. Need a bumper cap, whatever on the suspension, labor, paint, it adds up fast.

nightowl90028

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the thoughts! im doing fine! back is still a lil soar but ill be fine..about the jeep, well the insurance rep from his company called and said they will most likely total it since i owe 24,000 or so on it and its valued at 13,000 to them which is crappy, but i have gap insurance which i dont think that would matter since i wasnt at fault. but anyways they havnt started repairs and they sent over the list, and at the bottom it says 2nd gear slippage as well as differential problems so im sure its totaled because the 5000+ plus quote didnt include them diagnosing my ****** nor my differential so well see how much that may cost, my ****** was fine its only got like 18,000 on it and its an 07 and i dont know how to rag on my jeep haha i get paranoid when the rpms hit 2500 :) but thanks for the asking of how i was doing i wil keep you posted on monday when i hear anything else!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who told you it was worth 13k? My 04 with 30k is valued at 13k but I wouldnt let it go for less than 15k at the bare minimum.

Edit: KBB gives it $15,830 but I wasnt sure what condition its in or what options it has. That was private party.

Last edited:

nightowl90028

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dunno man i just kbb it for my zipcode(22408) and it showed 13,900 for trade in and 15,200 for private party i have all the after marke stuff ie: running boards prvacy glass fog lights hitch which im not really worrie about it because i wont owe anything and i can get rid of the 420.00 payment on it i have for the next 66 months i kinda am happy they will total it because it wont ever drive the same i mean they have a 100% satisfaction rating but once something has been altered or wrecked it wont ever drive the same, and plus if i was to go sell it or trade it in they always ask" has there been any body work done" and when i say yes they wont want to give me shi* for it because they wont be able to get someone to buy a liberty that has been wrecked..so oh well im goin to the doctor tomororw i had to leave work because my back was hurtin alot

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol@sig.

Well, hopefully it will be totaled if thats what you want.

***** about the back dude. Hopefully it wont be anything long term. Did you have the headrest adjusted properly?

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get that guy's insurance to pay for your doctor if at all possible. If he was driving a mercedes, he should have that kind of coverage.

Latest posts

Members online