OMG I'm Back...Skids?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've used the search function here and at lost. On lost I found the sticky about skids and it is extremely informative.

I have a question though specifically regarding the ANSFIR skids and what they actually cover am I correct in thinking that neither front skid or trany skid protects the engine area Liberty.

I have to admit I'm hoping I'm wrong as in that case they seem like theyed be a bargain. Even if not I may still buy them for the weight savings.

Also any and all opinions and info will be appreciated and yes I will listen and pay attention this time.:happy175:

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the ASFIR skids any good? I was thinking a while back I read they was comparable to the OEM skids in strength and to go with something like Skidrow etc for real strenght. I could be wrong though.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Check jeepinbyal or Skidrow for the front and transmission skids
Not sure who else besides Mopar now for the gas tank but the only one I'd run is the Kilby, heavy as heck to install but very well built. love mine
Right now, until I buy, sell, or trade I have JBA/Skidrow, Mopar and Kilby on mine

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between JBA/Skidrow does one weigh significantly more than the other. I figure since they are both extremely high quality protection I'd get the ones that will add the least weight.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say they are both very close in weight, wouldn't be but possibly a few pounds . Not enough to worry about. I keep loading mine down with more weight( plus me :ROFLJest:)and no issues

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the ASFIR skids any good? I was thinking a while back I read they was comparable to the OEM skids in strength and to go with something like Skidrow etc for real strenght. I could be wrong though.

Have a buddy who runs the ASFIR skids and they are actually pretty stout, and they are all 1/4 inch thick 5052 aluminum. However Im not so sure they make them any more...

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a buddy who runs the ASFIR skids and they are actually pretty stout, and they are all 1/4 inch thick 5052 aluminum. However Im not so sure they make them any more...

I actually contacted the former distributer and they had a trans and a gas tank skid left. However, they quoted me $200 shipping via UPS. The guy even offered to send me a screen shot to show that was what UPS was quoting him. Since than I've decided I'll either go with JBA or Skid Row.

Latest posts

Members online