OME vs. Ironman question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MB4wd

Reaction score
I recently picked up an 04 liberty with 104k on the clock. Needless to say, the front springs are shot at best. I'm trying to budget in what I will need, and am curious about the difference in the Ironman and the OME. I'm looking at the 1.5" kits, and am figuring on also doing the upper and lower ball joints while I'm in there. Coming from the world of landcruisers, IM lifts are not quite up to par with the OME, but there are quite a few more options OME wise. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently picked up an 04 liberty with 104k on the clock. Needless to say, the front springs are shot at best. I'm trying to budget in what I will need, and am curious about the difference in the Ironman and the OME. I'm looking at the 1.5" kits, and am figuring on also doing the upper and lower ball joints while I'm in there. Coming from the world of landcruisers, IM lifts are not quite up to par with the OME, but there are quite a few more options OME wise. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Well first most everyone goes with the 927 front and 948 rear springs which gives you 2.5 inches of lift
Ironman are good but do not give the same amount of height
IMO opinion it seems the OMEs are lasting a bit longer as well
I have ran both on my own rig and installed sets of both
The UBJs are part of the UCA in stock form and am sure you will need to replace them BEST bet is the jeepinbyal UCAs which are built for lifted KJs and KKs, have a replaceable ball joint etc.
But do some reading on here and LOSTJEEPs, and check out the OME lifts on JeepinByAl one of the best places to buy, great customer service and stands behind everything he sells

OH and of course he also has what I just installed on my 03 ( already had on my 04 ) but a fully adjustable coilover front with all 4 shocks being adjustable as far as rebound and compression
You must be registered for see images attach

took my 03 from this ( over 1.5 inches lower with 81,000 miles on it)

to this setting with 2.5 inches of lift over new stock height

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Picture of the JBA UCAs with replaceable ball joints and made for lifted KJs
note Teraflex bumpstops not installed in this picture