OME/Bilstein lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys,i am ordering my OME's(med.) on thursday,,already have my struts.

anyone with experience know if this is gonna give me the same rake as stock or does this combo bring the front end up closer to level ?

i ask because i have two 2" conduit nuts and dont know if i should just go ahead and put them on while i have everything apart or not. i dont want to raise higher than i have to.

i would be happy if after lift it raises the front a touch more than the back(take some of the rake out of it) .

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What are you doing in the rear? Which springs anything else added such as extra iso's ?

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added 3 clevis' in the front and didn't put any extra iso's in the rear and love the way it sits. The front sits a little higher than the rear so I may add 1 iso to the rear. Make it higher and closer to level but still have the front a little it higher.

Ive been reading ur thread about your lift install, ur jeep looks great. and your tires, surprisingly dont look too small, i see people been bugging u that u need some man tires.
i say surprisingly because i was worried that 245/70/17 would look too small on mine after lift.
No disrespect or nuttin', but from ur pics i think u are too tall up front, good idea to add iso in the rear to level it out. i have two iso's in my garage but dont want to use them.
that is why i asked the original question, after seeing yours i know three is too much but maybe 1 will give me the look that i want.
in my opinion th rake of the jeep stock could use a touch of xtra lift up front versus rear, but how much is where i am uncertain. i am thinking 1 but can not find any pics of similar setup(OME/Bilstein +1 conduit nut).

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't comment on the sit of the OME MD, but I am curious to know the same thing.

On mine right now, I have a very slight forward rake, which looks perfect to me.

Budke - why do you want the front to look slightly higher? It's all preference, but that looks like a pre-runner to me. Looks like a saggy ****.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't comment on the sit of the OME MD, but I am curious to know the same thing.

On mine right now, I have a very slight forward rake, which looks perfect to me.

Budke - why do you want the front to look slightly higher? It's all preference, but that looks like a pre-runner to me. Looks like a saggy ****.

i agree, why do you want it taller? my KJ is just over 23 in the front and 22 in the rear. i cant wait to get a better spring in back. but you cant really tell that my front is a little taller

RenegadeMarine

Reaction score
I don't mean to thread jack you but since we're on the subject... I've got my rancho's already and my ome hd's should be here tomorrow. I was thinkin about doin boiler's 3/8 top plate for the front and 2 iso's for the rear do u guys this will sit level or what?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'd be close, but may be too much in the front still. Rear iso's will get you 1" additional.

Probably just going to have to put it in and see how it looks.

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys,i am ordering my OME's(med.) on thursday,,already have my bilstein struts.

anyone with experience know if this is gonna give me the same rake as stock or does this combo bring the front end up closer to level ?

soooo

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know that there's a definitive answer. As I mentioned to RenegadeMarine, you'll probably just have to run trial and error.

Did you go 926/947 or 926/948?

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
926/947 .

maybe i will just install lift as is, and if not happy will add clevis later.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I plan to do is install whatever I choose as-is and see how it sits. If I am unhappy with the stance, I'll play with the clevis spacing until I am happy, and then determine how many conduit nuts I'd need, or if an 1/8", 3/16" or 1/4" top plate spacer would get me the results I want.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to thread jack you but since we're on the subject... I've got my rancho's already and my ome hd's should be here tomorrow. I was thinkin about doin boiler's 3/8 top plate for the front and 2 iso's for the rear do u guys this will sit level or what?

if it helps here's mine stock with Boiler's plates. What I plan with my lift is simply getting OME springs and Ranchos/Bilsteins and letting it ride. It has settled as this pic was right after taking it of the jacks stands. I need to get a current pic. :eek:

You must be registered for see images

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks all......

i will just install OME's , align it, drive it for a week or two, so it settles,(is that long enough?) get tires, and then adjust the height from there with clevis, and get alignment again.

And since the suspension will be back together at this point, i wont even bother w/ the conduit nuts, ill just use a prybar and pry the clevis fork down off the strut as much as needed for fitment fo rubber, i shouldnt need any shims, im thinking ill probably end up with around a 1/4" gap between clevis and strut(1/2" of lift).

ill just have to be very careful that my measurements are even side to side,shouldnt be hard.

paullgj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which Bilstein shocks for the front?

Hi Paul,

Which Bilstein shocks did you order for the front? I'm planning an OME lift for my 2007 KJ, but on JBA website I can only find Bilstein shocks for what appear to be stock springs. The rears do say 2" lift.

Thanks.

Gene Paull,
Brownsville, Texas

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All front shocks will be stock length as far as I know. I don't think there is a longer front shock.

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i told him i would be ordering OME springs and to send the corresponding
struts/shocks for that setup.

he sent me , JBA-F4-BE5-D916-H0 for front,
and JBA-F4-BE5-D917-H0 for the rear.

candpliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want it level, I would at least put 3 clevis rings in. If you put an extra isolator in the back, I'd do clevis and top plate. If you want a rake, go with spring/shocls only. That's just my opinion after ome mediums, RRO a arms, clevis, plate, Ranchos and 2(total each side) isolators in the back. I like my stance(level to maybe a shade up in the front).

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
candpliberty - could you do me a favor and measure the rear height on yours - center of wheel to bottom of flare?

How many miles on the 926/948?

I am really thinking Mediums are the way I want to go (over HD), but as I am sure you know just about everyone seems to run the HD.