ok prolly a krazy question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sharpy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am gettin ready to go on a 1500 mile road trip. is there anything on this beast that tends to crap out around 40k miles?? id rather change it now:D lol
thanks

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't changed your spark plugs yet, you need to change those. It isn't likely they will go out on you, but there is a great chance they are pretty well worn past their life by now. You should see a decent increase in mileage if you change out the factory ones before the road trip.

Be sure you have good tire pressure and all fluid levels are at the correct levels.

Otherwise, there isn't anything that I know of that tends to fail at 40K.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, NGK, Autolite and Champion seem to be the plugs of choice around here. The 3.7 doesn't seem to like any of the others as well as those.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, nothing should crap out at 40k

it isnt a land rover...

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plugs aren't that hard to change either. Like what has been said already, just get normal maintenance stuff taken care of and you should be good to go.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1500 mile road trip? Most likely all of your relationships will crap out.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure to top up the blinker fluid and watch that the muffler bearings aren't running too hot! :)

Otherwise, what everyone else said and have a good trip!

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i regualrly take my liberty on 3000-4000 mile trips. and im at 138k miles. Shes been good to me.