ok I'm going nutz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drillbit

Reaction score
Ok I'm going crosseyed looking thru all the posts. I've got ARB catalog, Quadratec catalog on the way. we are wanting to put light bar on top (not sure about roof rack change or not, most likely tho). want to change the front and rear bumpers. side steps, wheels and tires (can't go to high wife is short).
The Liberty is an 06, 3.7L, UT body (whatever the heck that is).

Ok suggestions, comments, helpful hands??
Much appreciated, thank you!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First tell us what your final goal is ?
Want a nice looking rig to go to the mall or serious rock crawler/ or mud buggy?
Many different ways to go about it and also depends on how much you want to spend. For example I had to add up all of my "extras" for the new insurance company and I have about 6500 without labor since i do it all my self ( well don't have that much but if I had to buy it all new it would be)
Thats lift, front and rear bumpers, roof rack, sliders, skids, extra lights wheels / tires regearing for larger tires etc

So where do you want to start?

More than likely you'll want to start with skids
good lift 750-800 OME 927s/ 948s and new shocks front and rear

I am redoing a lift for a guy from Indiana in a couple of weeks and having a Meet and Greet here at my place if you're close enough you could swing on over and see what others have done and give you a better idea in what you want maybe

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
More ideas for you, good wheel size if you want new wheels is 16X7 with 4 inches of backspacing
good all around tire size is 245-75-16s
Racks lots of different ones you can choose from some bolt to the stock rails others replace everything
Skids Mopar ones will work good for most of what we can do in the midwest or there are really good strong ones for much more
again depending on your budget

Drillbit

Reaction score
Personally, I'd go for the mud but the wife isn't into all that. She wants it to "look good" and stand out from all the others around. She really wants front lights and top lights, then flares tires rims and skids. I'd wanna change the bumpers for sure, basically able to "have fun with" while still keeping her happy.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that with the new heavier bumpers & Skids, must come new heavy duty OME suspension to carry that weight!
The stock suspension is bagged on most Kj's after 2- years, without weight!
40724[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

40726[/ATTACH]"]

My next project is getting the PML aluminum ****** pan installed.
I need to weld on a new thicker plate onto push bar, so can mount some lights up there..
Ryan we got a job to do soon...
40728[/ATTACH]"]

40730[/ATTACH]"]

Would like to install a few lights onto basket, two reverse and two forward facing one day as well.

Attachments

• SpiderTraxInstall.jpg
    SpiderTraxInstall.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 0
  • JeepWithSpacers2.jpg
    JeepWithSpacers2.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 0
  • KJOFFROADLIGHT.jpg
    KJOFFROADLIGHT.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 0
  • KJTRAX.jpg
    KJTRAX.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Drillbit

Reaction score
Looks like new springs, shock and a-arm? How much lift that give you? She's got the stock set up with tires and rims. Prolly good idea to start under before we go show then. light bar/ roof rack would prolly be ok tho?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I have full OEM skids including ****** skids.
It is a bit more than just OME 927-948 springs.
I got additional Boiler's steel top plate spacer in 3/8
and clevis lift maxed with 3 conduits driver's side and two passenger side to level it.
Jeepinbyal gen 4.5 a-arms http://jeepinbyal.com/cat-Jeep_Liberty_KJ_(2002-2007)-62.aspx to get alignment right and not have spring hits/bangs on old arms.
In total it is about 4 inches lift compared to stock sag & bagged.
I am 22.75 inches from hub to flare, and you want to stay under 23 inches or you have to shave the cv shaft$$.
I installed the roof basket while I was accumulating lift parts, so basket was on before lift.
Sure looks like crap without the lift.
40733[/ATTACH]"]

Forget side steps, they rust look like crap on lifted rigs!
-super skinks! (dont temp me) http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/SS3KJ2_2.jpg

Lots of good info in lift section.

Attachments

• KJThisFeb102011.jpg
    KJThisFeb102011.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like new springs, shock and a-arm? How much lift that give you? She's got the stock set up with tires and rims. Prolly good idea to start under before we go show then. light bar/ roof rack would prolly be ok tho?

Stock, new KJs are at 19 to 19.5 inches depending on model etc some like to say they have 4 inches but don't really. Honestly you'll get about 2.5 inches from just OME springs ( over new height) if you add top plates and a clevis lift you can add any where from 3/4 of an inch to 1.50 inches Just depends on how high you want to go really. The last 4 lifts I have done they had 245-70s on and all but 1 is still running them and it doesn't look bad.
Where in Indiana are you?? like I said best bet is to come on over to Ohio or get with the Chicago group and look over their rides and see what you like and then compare. 501 is heading over from Michigan City this coming weekend for me to work on his, should be 5 or 6 lifted ones here to compare, everything from just a lift and 245-70s to well mine
our last meet and greet / workday so you can see what all we have

newly installed OME 927/948 lift clevis and top plate 245-70s

mine front and rear bumpers, over 4 inches of lift :shrug::happy175:rack etc etc etc etc etc

Drillbit

Reaction score
ok showed the wife the pic of the last one....she loves it. So I'm figurin that's the road we should be going down. I'll get a picture of hers and post it

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
No doubt Tom's got a sweet ride! ( I bet Tom has $7000+ in parts alone in his rig?)
Got a link to your hood GTP's Tom?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Retail for everything would be that much almost with out labor, but its taken me 5 years to build it looking for deals/ specials/ wheeling and dealing.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom I looked for your photo gallery could not find anything.
Looking for mods you did to your hood? in GTP Louvers as mentioned in sig.

And do you know is Crane High Clearance In Colorado the only place I can get the crane 8.25 cover from closest to west coast?
Wonder if it can come not painted green, JBA's look available unpainted.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And do you know is Crane High Clearance In Colorado the only place I can get the crane 8.25 cover from closest to west coast?
Wonder if it can come not painted green, JBA's look available unpainted.
I'm sure many offroad shops in your area carry them or can get them but I'm sure Josh is more then willing to send a unpainted one to you.You can Get Riddler covers from 4 wheel parts and know there is one in Tacoma.Both are basically the same cover with different logo's as Tim was one of the original owners of Crane but started his own company and Josh at CrawlerTech bought Crane.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online