OK, be honest...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope I don't offend anyone or get everyone mad at me....

Who else thinks the KJ is kinda fugly? There are things I do like, but honestly, on the exterior there are more that I really don't.

That being said, I still LOVE my KJ. I think it's a great vehicle and I look forward to long ownership. In fact, I think it speaks volumes that me, a car guy, can overlook some asthetics and love it for what it is.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't. IN fact, I think it has a unique look to it. It '08 liberty isn't ugly, but they've made it look common. Now, at a glance, it's hard to tell a liberty from a commander from a patriot.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
It's ugly.

There I said it.

And yes I mean it.

'02-04 look "original"

I think the '05-'07 refresh was only to prepare everyone for the '08.

But aside from looks...

It sure is a dang good vehicle...

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am actually OK with most parts. I hate the rear tallights with the wierd "2 circles". I also don't like my fog lights. Reminds me of a spider with only 4 eyes. ;)

That's why I like the 2004 and older front end.

I love the visibility with the large windows, but it kind of looks like a roller skate from the side. Too tall for it's length. Again, function over form, that's the way I'd prefer it!

Make no doubt about it, I love the KJ.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think its ....cute

Not really.... but I do like the original look , still don't like the flat hoods or the 08s now there is ugly all over, no way any one even my wife will ever call an 08 ...cute!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well it could be a Patriot...

The Liberty is too tall for its length. The KK solved that *but*...

The Patriot looks like it's in the crusher!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the way it looks.

I dont think every girl out there looks good but Im sure theres a guy that thinks the girls I think look bad look good.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think every girl out there looks good but Im sure theres a guy that thinks the girls I think look bad look good.
That's a pretty good way to put it Blake. I personally like the way my KJ looks, but I have one of the older-style front ends. The '05-'07 models are OK, but something about the step in the front bumper with the two stubs sticking out makes it look like you could actually push someone out of the way on a trail (not that you could, it just looks more rugged to me). Anyway, I'm happy with it and in the end that's all that really matters :D

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. I agree with most of the opinions posted,from certain angles she's an ugly beast,but from another angle she has a unique look,and nothing else can be mistaken for a kj, we stand out in a crowd. When i bought mine i was slightly put off by the looks ,but everything else about it ticked the right boxes,but she has definitley grown on me.And whilst i have been without it for 2 1/2 weeks (in bodyshop with a small dent to front bumper insurance companies are so inefficient.) i'm really missing it.

Last edited:

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like mine as i feel i have gotten it to its most masculine point with the flat hood, arb, and lift. it is comfortable and rides nice, plus i get looks everywhere from people that know 4x4s and wonder what i am driving, it is almost like they are shocked that it could look so beefy lol

jeepdaddy65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 Renegade/Rocky Mountain, and the look is what first got me interested in it, but it's capabilities and off road performance really impress me, now that I actually used it off road.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front end is not exactly a work of art, but I do like the overall stance and the back end of my 02.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, even taller than Grand Cherokee.
But it is OK on the looks. I like it way better than 05+ and just a little better than 08+
It is really unique.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
If you don't like the look of a KJ, then what do you think it should look like?
I personally like the look of the 02-04's front end. I don't like the 05's and up grill/bumper light locations.

I was thinking on blacking my front end out, something like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

scull20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the 02-04 myself, and mine is already blacked out :) You could always check the junkyard and nab a black grill and bumper for cheap.

-Ryan

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always liked the look of it, and although I have an 05 I do like the earlier front end better. I never quite got the whole "girly jeep" thing, aside perhaps from a slightly cute look from the front end.

Give it a lift and some armour, bumpers, tint the windows, MOABs and Revo's (all of what I'd like to do as time and money allow!), and I think it looks awesome!

Dave

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to mention, it also depends on how clean it is. It either has to be muddy enough to not even know what color it is or spotless. Put some wax on there and I usually think mine looks absolutely spectacular at night parked under a streetlight.