OK, be honest...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KJ has a tendency to look 'soft' and 'droopy' from certain angles but i think it looks awesome from the front especially with a lift. Sometimes when i see mine in a parking lot i think 'boy that's a nice looking jeep'.:) No jeep looks half as good as the scenery that i use it to drive through.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the KJ model Liberty's. They have a look of their own. The newer KK model looks like all the other stuff out there and it's hard to tell it apart from the others.

I can spot a KJ anytime, but I only knew I was looking at a KK when I got up close and read "Liberty" on it.

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friggin' thing is Dead Sexy!
You must be registered for see images attach

Tall & Curvy & Flexy just like the women I like!
You must be registered for see images attach

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damm straight Jj

i lurve my KJ

i tell my wife that i have fallen in love with a ********* american girl

to those that dont know me (i am married to a beautiful Sri lankan Girl)

so please do not take offence she doesnt

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the looks of the new one (08) which is boxier, better. I never really cared for the looks of the one I have, but I remember being suprised when I sat inside and it felt pretty sturdy and rugged. It is holding up pretty well too, which is the best part.

Then again, I have a thing for boxy rugged looking vehicles.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the looks of the new one (08) which is boxier, better. I never really cared for the looks of the one I have, but I remember being suprised when I sat inside and it felt pretty sturdy and rugged. It is holding up pretty well too, which is the best part.

I completely agree. I wanted a Patriot, and my wife HATES them. I sat in it and felt like the roof was too short and the windows were too tall. Too many blind spots, IMO.

She liked the KJ's and persuaded me to sit in one. I sat in it and admitted that it felt good. Bought one a couple of weeks later. I was a "Why'd you kill the XJ" KJ-hater until I bought one. ;) Kinda funny, I hated the '97 Grand Prixs when they came out too as I liked the boxier style. I thought they were fugly. Then I bought a 1999 model in 2001 and fell in love with it. I think they are one of the best looking cars ever. Miss my '99 still (sold for the KJ).

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I had a '97 Gran Prix....that was a sexy lookin car. I don't miss it though. The damn headlight lenses kept falling off, on both sides!! The water pump went on it at 80,000 kms. Just another of GM's fine American built junk.:p

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 130k HARD miles on mine, and it was moderately modded. Really, didn't have any major problems at all. Sure, the trans was starting to act up when I sold it, but like I said - HARD miles, and I had a PCM reflash that I am sure didn't help. Remember how they wouldn't shift down to 1st near 40mph? Mine would, and slam up to about 4,800 rpm to help acceleration.

Ford/Chrysler/GM - I've owned them all, and they all suck in one way or another ;)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
My aunt had a '97? I think it was, 4 Door, can't remember trim level, GT maybe? Gold wheels, I have only seen two others like it since she had hers for 3 years.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Seems a lot of men these days like to be inside something rugged. I can't figure it out.

Reaction score
04 Liberty RULEZ! 08 Liberty DR00LZ!

i was on some dirt bike trails today and when time came to turn around, the TJ did it with out backing up while the KJ had to be manuvered. now i've realized why those guys with the big *** fords and stuff dont go off road

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything is a compromise. If you want pure offroad performance then yes the TJ is better but the liberty makes a better dd and has more cargo space. If the liberty had a SFA or a better IFS then we wouldn't care.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope I don't offend anyone or get everyone mad at me....

Who else thinks the KJ is kinda fugly? There are things I do like, but honestly, on the exterior there are more that I really don't.

That being said, I still LOVE my KJ. I think it's a great vehicle and I look forward to long ownership. In fact, I think it speaks volumes that me, a car guy, can overlook some asthetics and love it for what it is.

I don't think it is "fugly".........an fj is "fugly".....the new one anyway, cause the old fj40 is sweet.

I do like the 05 Renne flat hood better than mine though. I just couldn't find one with the crap I wanted in it when I was looking and it was too late to order one from the factory or I would have.

Anyway, the KJ suits my purposes fine and I LOVE mine also and intend to keep it a long time since it is paid for and I also have a beater that gets pretty good gas mileage. That said, I still would like a good set of rock rails and I would like to get a beefier ****** skid or reinforce the OEM one I have on there.

Dave

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Hence the new 4 door model JK. Now if I could afford it, I would get me a new 4 door Rubicon. Don't get me wrong, I like my KJ, but I am use to a SFA 4x4. I have driven trucks all my life, and all my 4x4's, except the 02 KIA I traded for the KJ, were SFA.

So, someone was doing their homework at Jeep. Adding rear dooors opened up a market for a new buyer who needs more room than a TJ gives.

I still like the look of the KJ, it's unique in the right ways. The curved hood is what draws you to look at the front. The way the headlights blend into the hood = perfect.(biggthumpup)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hence the new 4 door model JK. Now if I could afford it, I would get me a new 4 door Rubicon. Don't get me wrong, I like my KJ, but I am use to a SFA 4x4. I have driven trucks all my life, and all my 4x4's, except the 02 KIA I traded for the KJ, were SFA.

So, someone was doing their homework at Jeep. Adding rear dooors opened up a market for a new buyer who needs more room than a TJ gives.

I still like the look of the KJ, it's unique in the right ways. The curved hood is what draws you to look at the front. The way the headlights blend into the hood = perfect.(biggthumpup)
No KIA has had a SFA in it(sold in the USA),they are IFS just like the KJ.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Uh....isn't that what I said.kopkrab.gif

Yeah the KIA was IFS.What I meant was, what I am use to driving, old Dodge's and Ford's and a couple 80 Toyota 1/4 tons. Man I wish I had one of those toyotas now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.