Oil in the radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JavierCRD05

Reaction score
Dear friends,
I have a big problem with my Liberty CRD 05.
I have my radiator with oil and the engine oil is empty.

Anybody knows about it?

Thanks in advance.
Javier

Attachments

• DSC09710.jpg
    DSC09710.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC09711.jpg
    DSC09711.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC09713.jpg
    DSC09713.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 37

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how that could have happened but that is really really bad. I would post this on lostjeeps.com as they have a very active CRD section

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
headgasket or cracked head me thinks. either way not good at all did you overheat at all before this happend?

Mopars-Only

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would more likely be a failed oil cooler. Many heavy truck engine oil coolers fail in this manner, I would look closely at that to begin with. Now to be honest, I am not certain we have an oil cooler, but usually turbo diesels do have an oil cooler, so if this one does, look closely at that oil cooler before you tear into the engine.

Jeff

JavierCRD05

Reaction score
Thanks, Jeff.
In these days I was asking and I got the same conclusion, I will start reviewing the oil engine cooler. I hope that it will be!!!.
I will be telling how it's going.
See you.

Mopars-Only

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does have an oil cooler, located against the block on the right side down below the turbo and behind the water pump. That should be your trouble. It looks like a tough job to remove and replace it. The factory service manual describes it in detail, and hopefully you can view that manual online somewhere if you do not have one.
good luck with it, please let us know how you come out. Hopefully that is your problem.
Jeff