oil change & flushing --BOGUS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eko

Reaction score
See akof notes in genl discussion: 4lo ****** linkage problem..

(2002 liberty sport 4wd) --- after 60 k miles of trouble-free driving & all scheduled maintenance, --- today a jiffy lube did 3k oil change & "flush"??? --w/ new air filter --- & now my jeep is needing to be towed --...

is oil flushing totally bogus? :-k

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get a flush at a jiffy lube, then yes, its bogus. 8-[

They probably used used old oil to flush it out. That always cleans her out good. ](*,)

jimheem

Reaction score
Is this the same Jeep as akof posted about?

If so, no matter how cruddy the oil the flushed your engine out with, it's not going to cause the transfer case linkage to break.

eko

Reaction score
yes -- same liberty --- now he's wtg for tow to nearest dealer

--- is it possible that a friendly push into 2-3mph movement forward may allow 4lo gear box to shift into neutral? 8-[

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't let jiffy lube vacuum out my car let alone work on it! Just my opinion though. :-#

Havoline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just what, pray tell, is a "flush"? I've been diddling around with cars and trucks for a whole bunch more years than Jiffy Lube has been in business, and the only time I recall anyone doing anything like "flushing" an engine was one time when my Dad bought an old truck which had not been run for years and the engine was "seized". We spent quite a bit of time giving it #1 fuel oil enemas until it loosened up. Other than a situation such as that, I can't imagine any reason to do anything more than changing the oil and filter. (And I wouldn't even let Jiffy Lube do that!) [-(

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree............Just stay away from Jiffy Lube.

bgjeep

Reaction score
I got a flush from some other place, they said is was some additive that cleaned out the old oil. a couple days later my camshaft positon sensor took a crap....not sure it it was related...but i was not happy having the KJ towed to the dealership.

Members online

No members online now.