Oh My first..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iluvmyliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big door ding has been discovered! I have had my Liberty over 2 years and taken so great care not to park by that crappy 2 door POS in the parking lot right by the door... and it doesn't matter. I have a HUGE ding on my drivers side door. I bet I got it at the grocery store.. who knows how longs its been there, I just found it.. OH it makes me mad!
Anyone want to share their first.. door ding?

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got matching door dings on both rear doors. Just think of it as battle scars (especially if they come from adventures offroad). Thats how I get past it.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Atleast you got 2 years before your first.

I had about 2 days....ignorant little (well not little) **** at the Home Depot parking lot....opened it right up with out even looking or thing, this is after parking completely in my space as well as the one she was trying to get into....keep in mind i parked in the back of the lot away from everybody else....a million spots in the lot and she had to pick the one next to me (or atleast ATTEMPT to pick the one next to me).

Stupid tank of a Lincoln Town Car.....grrrrrrr.

Funny part is when I about took her friggin head off she was like "its just a small dent, nothin to get upset over honey"........honey! she called me friggin HONEY!!!!!!!

(banghead) chairshot.gif chairshot.gif chairshot.gif chairshot.gif (Argh)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
first one was my gate in my parking....(hit the moldings..so no biggie)
2nd and 3rd....stupid dealer....(again on door moldings..)
they said they will replace it, but the usual..."they are out of parts and we dont know when it will come" excuse was used...

4th....is or was trail rash..(rear bumper..)...
it was during Reach the Beach, and the infamous CB antenna incident...

the rest are various rock chips..or what nots....

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a neighbour reverse into the rear door of my KJ it was Toast had to get a full replacement door and i was stuck driving a nissan bluebird while it was being fixed ](*,)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Grr. Red KJ, October 2004, 8:00AM.

Odometer: 2500 miles.

I park. When we got done eating breakfast, we come out and there's a minivan parked quite close. I inspect, a nicely sized dent is now in my passenger side rear door. Mom even got pissed so she did a nice key job on their door. I still see them every once in a while.

No dings on this one yet. It's only a matter of time I'm sure.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The day I bought mine, my dad and I went to cracker barrel to eat and some old fat guy hit it with his door while I was in the jeep. I had went out early to play with all the buttons and felt him hit it. I didnt say anything bad to the guy b/c it didnt hurt it, but gosh I wanted to kill him..

I got my first one ony my front right fender.. I think I can get it out though. Its been there a couple weeks. Not a clue where I got it.. :-s Took me around 2.5 years to get one. Didnt take near as long to get scars from offroading though.. (whistle)

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my first door ding when the gf opened her car door into the KJ when in the garage. Sad thing was i was sitting in her car when it happened. She was so so sorry after that. I has about to fix the molding with touch up paint, and you can hardly tell it was there, of course i still know where it happened.

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tip for reducing the minor dings and depressions in door panels -

A strong suction cup can help pull the metal back into shape or reduce the severity. I have something used to lift 2' x 2' floor tiles that I've used to pull out dents. Never tried a plunger, but it may work also. Make sure everthing is clean so you don't scratch the paint. Moisten the suction cup for a better seal.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
priell3 said:
Tip for reducing the minor dings and depressions in door panels -

A strong suction cup can help pull the metal back into shape or reduce the severity. I have something used to lift 2' x 2' floor tiles that I've used to pull out dents. Never tried a plunger, but it may work also. Make sure everthing is clean so you don't scratch the paint. Moisten the suction cup for a better seal.

yep i have one of those too, it works alright, but the dent has to be on a flat surface.

jeepgirl0385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No dings yet (over 3 years)...I do have a couple scratches from run in's with trees :-( And you may think that would be ok, as it was trees, and you would assume off road....nope...darn driveways!

The first happened when I backed into a spot at a friend's house. Backed in fine, no scratching...when I went to pull out to leave, I got scratched....Ouch! Poor Jeep!

The second happened at my bf;s house...tried to squeeze behind a minivan...but the trees were not quite tall enough to let Jeep through, so it scratched. :-(

I hope I stay ding free....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.