Official Roof Rack/Basket picture thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i always search for roof rack photos on here and on the LOST site, but can never find as many as i want. i cant decide which rack i want, so post up all your racks! (haha racks ;) )

it would be cool if they made this a sticky. but if there is already a thread like this, go ahead and delete it.

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yakima Lowrider w/ 38" Fairing and 50" Bars.

You must be registered for see images

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks to me like a reflection. look at the gap above the headlights, its the same. looks like it could be the way the dew settled too

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
icon996.gif Pictures can be deceiving. It's just the shadowing and reflection.

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd show mine buy Grey has the exact setup that I do. It looks like from the picture that he has longer cross bars than I do. I can't remember the length but I've got the shortest that Yakima makes, I believe.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow, mopar does charge way too much for that pair of sticks!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know they should be standard, but DC likes to cut costs, just two days ago they were ******** about how japanese makers make way too much profit with the currency exchange and with lower costs to make the cars. DC/FORD/GM were whining to Bush just the other day..

=;

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not exactly trail-ready, but makes the liberty more useful when doing longer trips with two small kidlets. Its a mopar carrier mounted on standard mopar rails.

-Blu

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bingo! I got the Sears version of the cargo box. Have not actually put it on the KJ and Yakima's yet... but thats the plan.

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BluPhant said:
Not exactly trail-ready, but makes the liberty more useful when doing longer trips with two small kidlets. Its a mopar carrier mounted on standard mopar rails.
-Blu

Hey Blu...

What kind of wind noise do you get from that??

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had it on top of a Durango and in the pickup bed of a Titan and did not notice any noise from it but my kids and the DVD are kinda loud and may have drowned out any lite whistle or humm. Have not tried the KJ but I'm assuming it will be roughly the same.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very little noise. And very little noticable loss in mpg too. When I first got it, I figured I'd hate driving with it, but in reality most of the time, if I'm not pulling into a parking garage, I forget its there. I'm totally happy with it.

Opens to the side

Heres how it latches on with 4 u bolts. I can attach it by myself in less than 10 minutes.

From the front

(BTW all these pics are from when i first got the thing, over a year ago.)
-Blu

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i decided im gonna get the yakima loadwarrior roof rack frm rackattack. but will it include everything needed to install it? will it bolt right up to my stock 02 roof rack with no cross bars? or do i need to buy cross bars, attack THOSE to my stock rack, then mount the loadwarrior to that?

i have an 02 renegade. but i dont have the renegade rack, just a standard rack. heres a pic

http://www.rackattack.com/racks/7070-yakima-loadwarrior.htm

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my crossbar system through them. They are great to deal with. I think you need crossbars for what your getting. Give them a call.

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well today i was at wendys, and saw like an 06 liberty, dark blue, renegade, nice silver factory roof rails, and the mopar basket, and the mopar taillight guards in black, looked niiiiiiiiice. now i cant decide between the yakima or mopar one, dammit lol. the mopar one doesnt need cross bars, so thats a plus. plus i can get it cheap cuz my nighbor is retired from chrysler and can get it cheap. hmmmmmm

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i ended up getting the yakima lowriders and 48" crossbars, saving up for the megawarrior basket :)

before i put the end caps on, i put black silicone/rtv around the cap then tapped em on with a rubber mallet then wiped off any that came out

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I have the same racks.

I think I'm going to mount my cargo box up there this weekend as a dry run if I get a chance.