Obtaing trouble codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdn beaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I appologize if this has been answered somewhere in the forums, but I have been unable to find it.

Our 2006 KJ will occasionally stutter and shake with misfire type symptoms. The check engine light flashes, folowed by the anti-slip indicator.

I have tried the on-off-on-off-on method as well as the odometer reset button-on methods to try to retreive an error code, but have had no luck. Do these procedures work with the 06 KJ, or has the computer possibly not stored a code in the system resulting in no codes displayed? Normally I would just use an OBD scanner, but unfortunately I dont currently have access to one.

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks for your time.

Mark.

Doublecardan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe 05 was the last year for the odo check off for obd2 codes, so you will have to access with a scantool, one from crappy tire that goes for 50 bucks will be fine as these read powertrain codes really well, its the other computers that you really need a bi scan tool for.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
$85 Inexpensive, From Princess auto, this thing does some amazing stuff!
Reads codes,turn off Check engine light, to all kinds of gauges that you don't normally get to see.
Want to see all the features? http://www.auteltech.com/4in1.htm
40772[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• AutelComputer.jpg
    AutelComputer.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0

cdn beaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick replies.

The Autel Maxitrip computer looks very interesting. Unfortunately it no longer seems to be available at Princess Auto.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Thank you for the quick replies.

The Autel Maxitrip computer looks very interesting. Unfortunately it no longer seems to be available at Princess Auto.

They still sell them... At least here in B.C. they do. Most of us Canuks here have one. Great little unit. It paid for itself the first time we had a check engine light come on. Got it on sale for $69.99!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Just ask if they can bring you one in....... at your local Princess auto store...

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one too, they're pretty cool, although there is an issue with the calibration for calculating MPG, something related to speed calibration... I don't remember exactly but there is some discussion on the web and I did a write up here somewhere, I'll try to find it.

Also it is rock-solid in the Jeep but in my Mazda it likes to reboot itself at random intervals.

Not to discourage you, but thought you should know it does have it's quirks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.