Nth Degree poll for lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poll Results

Thank you for voting! Here are the results so far for the poll Future Suspension Systems.

XJ Cherokee 83-01: 114
ZJ Grand Cherokee 93-98: 16
WJ Grand Cherokee 99-04: 13
KJ Liberty 02-Current: 812
YJ Wrangler 87-95: 26
CJ Wrangler 76-86: 14
JK Wrangler 07-Current: 47
WK/XK Grand Cherokee/Commander 05-Current: 3

Either the word got around quickly or someone decided to SPAM it. lol.

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Poll Results

Thank you for voting! Here are the results so far for the poll Future Suspension Systems.

XJ Cherokee 83-01: 114
ZJ Grand Cherokee 93-98: 16
WJ Grand Cherokee 99-04: 13
KJ Liberty 02-Current: 812
YJ Wrangler 87-95: 26
CJ Wrangler 76-86: 14
JK Wrangler 07-Current: 47
WK/XK Grand Cherokee/Commander 05-Current: 3

Either the word got around quickly or someone decided to SPAM it. lol.

Could be the 5600 members between here an LOSTKJS.com that know about it. :-k

Wonder if NAXJA knows yet? :-$

I honestly think that the XJ has had its fair share of R&D thrown at it though, Im not downplaying all the work everyone has already done, but its about time the KJ gets some more attention as well.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, it depends on if they'll find a correct way to do it, or if its just gonna be another clone.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard there was a little while the XJ was starting to get a lead.

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The JK won XJ second, KJ somewhere.

Here are emails written to me from them with regards to lift choices:

Good Morning David,
It is our intention to listen to our customers, thus the reason for
the poll. Without your input we would not have even looked at the KJ for a
suspension and we are going to do something for your vehicle, it is simply
behind the XJ and JK. We (as you may have noticed) included several
vehicles, new and old, in our poll to make sure that our targets and
intentions are true to the market, some 'lost' individuals and yourself
helped open our eyes to a market that we were pretty much unaware of, and we
thank you for that. So I apologize if you misunderstood our companies
intentions and appreciate your desires to have a truly dual purpose vehicle
and hope that the system we offer for your vehicle helps sway your current
opinion.

Chris Velasco
Tech Boss
ph# 775-885-8454
fx# 775-885-8422
www.Nthdegreemobility.com
[email protected]

And another:

David,

Thank you for your continued concern on the order in which we decide to build product for different vehicles on the market. Our polls are not the only way we determine what vehicles are next to do products with. We go on many trail rides to see what people are actually driving; usually it is not a KJ, it’s a TJ, YJ, XJ or Toyota. We also listen to what our dealers want, they are currently asking for JK, XJ and Toyota systems, not KJ. Another way we figure out what to do is what is being shown and driven at events. When 50+% of the vehicles at events are Wranglers and less the 10% are KJ, there's another reason not to do anything for the KJ.

Our polls become very skewed quickly, especially when a club gets word of it and they rally everyone together to vote 10, 20 or even 1000 times each. We know this happens when we see post on boards like these:

"Whos got a few extra hours to go spam it?", desertkj

" meh why not....im watching a movie anyways....ill bring it to around 3k", EOD-KJ

" its cool watching it go from 2100 - 3000 in 20 minutes on my own ... and XJ not moving one vote

bwhaahha ", EOD-KJ

We are not knocking you all for doing this, I imagine if I was in the same position I would do the same thing.

If we do build Suspension Systems for the KJ directly from Nth Degree, it wont be just another 2.5-3” lift. There are too many small lifts on the market already, so we would only focus on 4.5-6”. With this kind of height we would change the front suspension completely to a solid axle. As you probably already know this is going to drive the price way up.

We are already in some early development stages of KJ lifts with All J Products. In the beginning of February Quinn will be working on the 2nd full conversion using 75% Nth product and direct Nth help. We were very happy with his first conversion, but this one should be even better. If everything goes to plan this system would be what Nth Degree and All J Products would be offering to KJ owners for large lift heights. A very rough price on a system like this is $4000.00-$6,000.00 in parts, plus tires, gears, lockers and labor (unless you tackle it yourself).

I hope that this answers your questions about what Nth is doing, we have not forgot about KJ’s we are just not going to do what everyone already has.

Chris Dowd

Marketing Manager, Tech & Product Development

Nth Degree Mobility

775-885-8454

www.nthdegreemobility.com

Both sides (us and them) I feel are wrong.

If we hide from the Off-road snobs and only wheel with other fellow KJ owners, we cause this (see above post) to happen. We are not seen at events enough.

On the other hand, without a big lift that ALL of the other vehicles already have, we are more likely to not go to those events. Some of you have and I applaud that, but that is still just a tiny number. I know that if the KJ had about a 4" lift, owners would show up more often to those events.

Double-edged sword.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know whether to feel burned because of the email or becuase of the silly instructions to spam the voting.

On the other note, we as off-road drivers cannot join the clubs and be at the shows that are most common because of the limited lift we currently have. I think if we had a big lift though there would still be few KJ owners putting a huge lift on it. Maybe in 5 more years will be finally see owners and vendors displaying the KJ as a true off-road beast. Until then I'll ride with my 2.5" lift and enjoy every aspect of being a KJ owner. Sorry to this company that cannot take part in the future. Time will tell.

glaurick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ever, the companies who pursue new options are the ones that will gain themselfs profit and those who go down the same old same old path and coast along as a company and never achieve any thing real special, if it was me I think I'd be looking at sells figures of vehicles no silly net polls that can be skewed, it's there company they can stear it where they want to. eek2dance.gif

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
I don't know whether to feel burned because of the email or becuase of the silly instructions to spam the voting.

On the other note, we as off-road drivers cannot join the clubs and be at the shows that are most common because of the limited lift we currently have. I think if we had a big lift though there would still be few KJ owners putting a huge lift on it. Maybe in 5 more years will be finally see owners and vendors displaying the KJ as a true off-road beast. Until then I'll ride with my 2.5" lift and enjoy every aspect of being a KJ owner. Sorry to this company that cannot take part in the future. Time will tell.

I cant believe they held my spam joke against me. if they were afraid of that, they should have done it the correct way with one vote per IP. For the record, I saw the XJ websites joking about spamming as well. Honestly though, their response tells me that they never had any intention to make a KJ lift.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I already said this over on LOST, but I want to apologize for encouraging the spamming. Although I dont appreciate being called out in what appeared to be a personal e-mail from Nth, I looked through all the threads and realized where I missed the print asking for one vote per person. So, I hope Nth still sees the potential interest in the KJ, and I would, once again, like to apologize for that post that I really didnt intend to be taken seriously.

sad2.gif

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj, sorry for including you and the other person in the copy and paste email I posted, that was sent to me. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with voting more than once IF their website allows it. It is their fault for having a substandard voting system online. When you read that email, you can see that they don't take much from the voting anyways. They only want to let the visitors feel like they are a part of the decision making. The one thing we apparently did do by all of the voting is get a little itty bitty attention to the KJ. It wouldn't have mattered, though, if we had every single KJ owner in the world vote once, we were still not going to win first place and get the lift.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with voting more than once IF their website allows it. It is their fault for having a substandard voting system online.

:-({|=

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean it's RIGHT to do something. If I leave my doors unlocked, is it o.k. for someone to take my iPod? If that person is caught, can he claim that it was my fault for leaving my doors unlocked?

They asked for honesty, that should be enough. In fact, it should be more than enough; one should not have to be asked to be honest! Logically, a poll is of no use if one person votes more than once. Anyone here going to buy 1000 Nth degree lift kits?!?!

I'll get off my soap box long enough to share an e-mail I got from All J.

Hi Dennis,
Yes, we are working on something with Nth Degree. We have a SFA lift kit that is in mind (Long Arm for a KJ). The kit will likely cost somewhere in the 7K range and to install it would be about in the 3K range -- so 10k for the SFA long arm Nth Degree kit for a KJ is about what it looks like.

We were checking to see if a IFS Nth Lift kit was do-able...but I don't think that's going to happen with Nth Degree -- since they're kits and their expertise is with the SFA vehicles. This is why converting a KJ to a SFA first and then putting a Nth Degree long arm on the KJ would be something that both Nth and All J Products would consider doing together.

If you need more info, please let me know. Hopefully we can help you show up your brother-in-law's XJ in the future! (PS: We will be converting a KJ in our shop the first week of Feb -- SFA, Nth Degree, etc). Look for the photos and posts on the lostkjs.com forum within the next couple of weeks..... :)