Not getting gas on a steep hill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have driven three KJs that have done this. When on a very steep hill it sputters like it is not getting enough fuel. It eventually will make it up the hill but if you are in a low traction setting it is enough to make you lose traction. Any thoughts?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have driven three KJs that have done this. When on a very steep hill it sputters like it is not getting enough fuel. It eventually will make it up the hill but if you are in a low traction setting it is enough to make you lose traction. Any thoughts?

Do you have the "Traction Control System" in it? That can cause you to lose power when losing grip which is actually catastrophic....

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not think that is it. It does it even on dry concrete if the hill is steep. It is worse if I have parked on an incline and let it sit for a little while.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I do not think that is it. It does it even on dry concrete if the hill is steep. It is worse if I have parked on an incline and let it sit for a little while.

How low is the gas, and how regularly are they run low on gas?

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind via satellites

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happens whether I am low on gas or not. My driveway at my house is fairly steep and when I park on the steep part it does this when I go to back out into the street. It is almost like an old carburator system.