Noob Here, Another Dumb Q....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean on the dash? They all have that. Rene light bar can be installed on any KJ fairly easily. Does require drilling holes in the roof, which is why I am not putting one on mine ;-)

They are $$$$ too.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
i noticed that i also have the light for the lightbar offa the renne. wonder if i'd be able to get one without alot of fab work.

The light is there, but for no reason. Why have 3 instrument clusters specifically for each trim level? For USDM KJs if the lightbar is installed afterwards, the indicator will be a tiny LED to let you know that it's on, and that's about it.

Pablo

Reaction score
I can top that. I just rolled mine off the lot and went to eat at a Cracker-barrel. I mean JUST pulled out off the dealerships' lot and into Cracker-barrel. I went out early since I wanted to push all the pretty buttons and this old rusted 1940 truck pulls up and a big ol fat hill-billy gets out. Im sitting there and I feel a nudge and wouldnt you know it, he hit my door. It hit the piece that runs along the doors but didnt chip it. It did put a alittle dent in the plastic but gosh I wanted to bust his windshield out. He rolled out and said, "Sorry about that, sure is easy to do isnt it." Stupid fat hill billy...

People have no respect for each other anymore.

Two months after getting the CRD I went to get diesel in the lovely crap hole known as Apache Junction. I had to pull forward to get to the diesel pump, which was forward of the gas pump. This skuz ball in a Buick with a pointy bumper gets pissed because he can't get exactly lined up with the pump in front of mine, as I am getting diesel from the forward pump, and decides to ram into the KJ while he is sitting in his car laughing with his trashy **** head girl friend. I pretend not to notice this and I calmly grab the squeege as an "excuse" to move toward the front of the vehicle... where I then pretend to notice for the first time that he has hit my front bumper.

When I glimpse at my bumper and up at him he fains ignorance and shrugs his shoulder and then says "Sorry man" while laughing...

Not the thing to do. My eyes narrow and the hair stands on the back of my neck.

He throws his shoulders back and walks toward me like he is going to start something.

I kill the pump, grabed the flip phone and hit 911.

He freezes in his tracks (good thing, other hand was ready to dial .357 instead of 911).

I explain that the dispatcher that this guy hit me.

Dispatcher explains they don't respond to accidents on private property.

I explain that this man is beligerant and insulting and that I am leaving the premisis. I explain to the officer that if he follows me I am CCW and that I will deal with him. I procede to leave in my vehicle while the tard makes threats.

Officer has new tune. Within one minute four sqad cars show up.

They don't take to my new friend (who has priors) and lay him out spread eagle on his hood while they search his vehicle and girlfriend. They explain to him how close he came to having his brains decorate the gas station.

Officers tell me to have a nice day and I leave while dope head is spread across the hood (I think they found some drugs).

I don't go to that fuel station anymore.

BTW, I have noticed that the Super Sliders will put a stop to the door dings... well they can scratch the paint on the bar that sticks out but unless the door clears the bar they are not going to get your door. I can't wait till I save enough for the front and rear Rock Lizard bumpers... and an exoskeleton would be nice. You need one just to drive to work anymore. :mad:

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just bought my jeep liberty, its a 03 sport/freedom and has 63000 miles, atleast thats what it comes up on the insurance. i'm just curious if it was both a sport and freedom or what?? whats the difference between them? i've been picking threw this site for a couple of days and its a great site. thanx in advance.

From your photos I agree too that you have a Jeep Liberty Sport edition. Mine looks identical.

By the way, I've never heard of a Jeep Liberty Freedom model. What 4WD options does it have? Part-time or Full-time? Maybe its just the color option of the fender flares.

jeepgirl0385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Freedom Edition. The Freedom edition is basically a Sport, with a special option package that includes the graphite painted "bolt-on" fenders, graphite grille and bumpers, badging, 2 color seats (dark slate gray cloth with light stone leather accents) two tone leather steering wheel, 17" graphite painted rims..and I think that is it. Some had a tow package, others had a grille guard and tail lamp guards (graphite painted).

They were only produced for a short time. There seems to be a lot less than the Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition, but a lot more than the Wrangler Freedom Edition. I am still trying to find the exact numbers that were produced.

They came in Black, Silver, Red, and Patriot Blue Only.

Yours is definately a Sport. It sounds like a Sport with a tow package as you have the ****** cooler. Maybe someone removed the hitch.