Noise from Front Pillar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's getting colder here ( yay sub 0 ) and I noticed that when it's very cold and I hit a bump there's a noise coming I think from the left front pillar. Like cable are moving inside and hitting the side.
Anyone know what cable are hidden there and how to remove the interior plastic cover so I can fix what is in there?
I figured out that screw are in the handle but what else do I need to know if I don't want to break it?

Thx guys!

Last edited:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please mod move this thread to KJ general.

It's getting colder here ( yay sub 0 ) and I noticed that when it's very cold and I hit a bump there's a noise coming I think from the left front pillar. Like cable are moving inside and hitting the side.
Anyone know what cable are hidden there and how to remove the interior plastic cover so I can fix what is in there?
I figured out that screw are in the handle but what else do I need to know if I don't want to break it?

Thx guys!

Besides the screws in the handle, I believe there are just tabs holding it in like the ones on the side molding on the floor correct me if I'm wrong though.

Do some light pulling on the outter edges after you take out the screws and if it doesn't pop out there are mabey more screws elsewhere.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give it a try someday this week then. will see what's under this thing.

You also have to pull up the long plastic section that extends the width of the vehicle in front (inside) of the windscreen....it is on clips...gently pry it upwards.

There are wires inside there going to the curtain air bags.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, seems the noise isn't coming from the front pilar but most likely from the door.
Probably a loose metal cable I don't know. I noticed that my power window motor is noisy when the front driver window is lowered to about half the way so this may be part of the issue. With winter kicking in, I wont be using power window a lot so I'll just wait for the summer to be back to break open the door and see what's wrong in there. Have to say, even in summer my windows are closed all the time, I hate driving with open windows :)