noise 50mph and over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently I've been experiencing a noise when drive 50 and over.

it sounds like when you spin a bicycle tire and put a twig against the spokes. So, thats exactly where I looked and I couldnt see anything stuck anywhere.

I thought it was in the vent but it wasnt there either. Its coming from the drivers side, but I cant tell where exactly...When I slow down the noise deminishes. I have 26k miles on the jeep and kind of scared to take it in. usually just for the dealership to look at it, it will cost $$. I hate dealerships..I always get ripped off.

Does anyone have any suggestions where else I can check? Anyone ever experience anything like this? This wouldnt have to do with ball joints would it? that crap scares me.

Thanks

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I doubt that noise is ball joints.

Has something to do with the driveline... hmm... you're under warranty, they can't charge you anything for a problem.

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it were poorly balanced tires or out of line..wouldnt the whole car shake?? it drives perfectly and i just went for a ride on the highway and i heard nothing this time...but that also happened before where i heard it, then next time it went away, then came back..i cant make sense of it but it does worry me.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
Poorly balanced tires maybe?
Maybe, wonder if you feel a shudder in the steering wheel once it gets up to that speed? EDIT: oops, never mind, you posted about that while I was typing. My first thought was possibly a CV joint, bu t I would think there would also be the clicking noise at low speed as well? Regardless, since you are still in the 36K warranty window take it in, and if they try to charge you throw the warranty in their face (I hate when dealers try to charge inspection fees and crap for warranty issues (Argh) (banghead) )

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I guess I will have to take renny in, and hope that they actually find something so it will be free of charge.

reb

Reaction score
I had a poping noise coming from the right side. Turned out to be the seal on the windshield. Occurred at any speed over 50. I couldn't find the source other than the right side. The dealer had a guy that came in once a week and diagnosed noise issues. He found it right away. Had the windsheild removed and resealed and the noise was gone. That was 5 months ago. I may have noticed the noise coming back once in a while now that we are in the high Florida August temps.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.