No low beam headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwraalstad

Reaction score
OK Guys/Gals. I have read all the threads on how to fix this problem but to no avail. I've tested all the relays and they all work. I have power through the fuses for the high beams but no power through the fuses for the low beams. Attached is a pic of the back side of the Junction Box. Had one heck of a time getting it. Correct me if I'm wrong but the relay in the upper right corner is the low beam relay. It works. All of the relays in that junction box work. So I'm getting power to the relay's and they are functioning correctly. Closing and opening as power is applied. Is there another relay/fuse between the low beam relay to the fuses? The schematic on page 8W-50-3 does not indicate any other relay or fuse. All wiring looks good. Help!

Attachments

• IMG_0639.JPG
    IMG_0639.JPG
    299.1 KB · Views: 12

NavyStore

Reaction score
What year is your Liberty? You are in the KJ section, and I have a similar issue with the drivers side LB on my 08 KK Liberty. I have 12.5V across both outer contacts on the headlight plugs, and the passenger side LB and BOTH highbeams work fine. I'm at a loss on this.

Gwraalstad

Reaction score
Update on the, NO LOW BEAM ISSUE. I finally found the problem but need suggestions on how to fix it. I pulled the Low beam relay and tested it. It was ok so I checked to see if there was power to the relay. Removed the relay and connected a spaded wire to # 1 terminal, no luck. Then did the same to # 2 terminal, no luck. So, I removed the cover on the relay and wrapped a rubber band around the arm/contact and the coil mounting bracket closing the contact as when the coil would do when got power from the Multifunction (MF) Switch. I plugged the relay back in and, WALLA, the low beam head lights worked. But the low beam lights do not turn off when you turn off the MF switch. Now here is where I'm at. I have an in-depth repair manual that I got online, extremely detailed but the downside is that it does not have a one page/picture of a complete wiring diagram showing all the wires, connectors, and switches so you can trace a circuit from its end back to the point of origin where power is initially applied through a switch and the contact position on that switch. ie. MF Switch. A good MF Switch is only $66, but if there is something less expensive or there is a connection between the MF Switch and the relay that I have missed, please let me know. If anyone can steer me in the direction of a good all-in-one wiring diagram it would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online