Nikon D90

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting back into my photography hobby and I'm looking to get the Nikon D90. Along with the camera body, I like the new zoom 18-105mm zoom lens that seems to be most often package with it. I also plan to get a fixed 50mm f/1.4 lens for low light - non flash situations and a macro lens for taking pictures of my collections and other hobbies. And maybe a telephoto depending on how much I can save on the first three items.

Now where online should I purchase the above? There seems to be two types of online dealers today online -- those that I remember from their 80's newspaper ads, but now hardly offer any decent discount. And a bunch of new dealers with great prices, but lots of suspicious customer recommendation on their site.

So has anybody done business with any these bargain electronic photography dealers? Because I really don't trust dealers that don't put their physical address or phone number on their contact page.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want a budget camera just buy one out of the back of a van under a bridge, probably much safer. Or try Amazon, TigerDirect, Walmart. EBay is viable if you use PayPal and it is PayPal Guarenteed for $2000.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you considered looking into B&H Photos in NYC?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

They are known to have a large selection of camera goods.

I checked out B&H, J&R, and other well known retailers and Cameta was the better deal as far as what I wanted. I was a little disappointed when they broke up the shipment into 2 separate ones (items not available right away) and ended up paying about $40 for a little-bitty box to be shipped, so check that.

I would buy from them again.