Newbie with mudflap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gunflint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be putting mud flaps on my 06 on Monday. These are the OEM molded Jeep ones. Anyway I'm thinking of spraying something like Rhino liner on the surface area underneath the mudflaps prior to the install with the idea of preventing rust down the road. Is this overkill? Will it even work. We get a lot of heavy salt use up here and behind the mudflaps is a difficult area to clean.

By the way. This look like a great site and I'm looking forward to contributing.

DannyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are so many spots that you cant clean and keep rust away i wouldent worry about it to much but if it makes you feel better go for it i dont think it is a bad idea but dont they bolt up to the fender flair?? that is plastic anyways i never seen them on a kj so i really wouldent know but my only problem with mudflaps is no more rooster tails now what fun is that (rotflmao)

Members online