Newbie Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antihero

Reaction score
Hey guys, im 17 years old and i just baught my first jeep tonight. It's a 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited in Patriot Blue.

Ok for my first question, I want to take my spare off the back of the jeep. Is there a company or something that sells like a cover for where the bracket is, or some plugs to fill the holes or some thing? i just want some thing to make it a little more smooth and natural.

My next question is...

In basic terms, (since i dont under stand tire size) can some one give me any clue of how big of mudd treaded tire i can put on it with out rubbing?

Basic Terms Exp. - 30, 31, 32, 33, 35's

Thank you guys!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The biggest tire you can put on there is a 30" tire, in size 245/70R16.

Take the spare off, and take off the carrier.... that will leave the bolts and the supports. If this bothers you, take that off too, but like you said that will leave a hole. The only thing I can tell you is to find some plugs in a hardware store and paint them to match.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what might fit......look at your rear diff. You will see a rubber fill plug. That plug might fit the bolt hole. If it does then replace it in the diff - then go to the dealer and get 3 of them. They don't cost much. If they don't fit but are a little big, get your knife out and adjust them......it's called a redneck repair.:D

Dave

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the studs out of the rear gate,go to a auto parts store(found mine at Advance Auto Parts) and look in the "help" section,find the barbed plastic clips and look for the ones for a GM vehicle.They are about 5/16"-3/8" thick and are a nice tight fit for those holes left in the rear gate,that's what I did with mine.(the diff plugs will not fit)

As far as the tires,like stated 245/70's on the stock rims will fit,go aftermarket rims and you'll rub with that size tire.Stock rims are 16x7 with 5.5" of back spacing.

Latest posts

Members online