newbie outside chitown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, new to the Jeep world. Always wanted a Wrangler, wife vetoed it because of the toddler. Been a ford owner for almost 20years, and being 35 that doesn't leave a lot left for anything else. Got rid of my 1999 Ford Explorer Sport (which I bought brand new) for an 06 Liberty Renegade. I wanted to wait until I had pics to post up a hello, but mine is the pretty basic Renegade you see everyday. Khaki colored with the bumper mounted fog lights, not the cool roof mount off road lights. I have already found this site extremely useful in the 2 weeks I have been lurking around. I look forward to a lot more info I can leach since I know nothing about Jeep products. I know I have always liked them, that it about it. I am not the super off road kinda guy. My vehicles are used for more weather related obstacles. Snow, ice, rain, flooding, potholes, etc...I'm, near Chicago. I had my explorer for 10 years, hopefully the Liberty does me good longer. It is a bit hard to get used to when you drive larger vehicles, but I really like it...and crazy as it sounds.... I feel a proudness (is that even a word) looking at the chrome "Jeep" on my hood. I'm babbling, so...Hello and I dunno....thanks?!?! Please be patient with the newbie Jeep owner!

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello neighbor! :D

I feel the same way about my kj every day that I drive it... you're getting that 'jeep thing' everyone always talks about. I was also on the Ford bandwagon for all of my life before the Jeep... only because that's all my parents ever drove. :rolleyes:

If you're ever interested in a local meet-n-greet, some of us area locals in the Chicagoland meet once a month. Usually the 2nd Sunday of the month, but since that date falls on Easter next month the date is still pending.

More info: http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41045

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I too am somewhat new here. Although I've always been a Chevy guy, this KJ is my second Jeep. My first was a '84 CJ I bought new. So where outside Chicago are you?

Members online

No members online now.