New York: Jeep Liberty (Cherokee) restyled for '08 - Channel 4 News

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepNewsFeed

Reaction score
Jeep Liberty Cherokee restyled for '08Cherokee back to basics for 2008; buyers have not taken to the current-generation SUV-style model.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chrysler has decided to take its Jeep Liberty/Cherokee back to basics for 2008; buyers have not taken to the current-generation SUV-style model, so it has brought back the box.

I just don't understand! Jeep had enormous sales figures for the Liberty, every year! I'll miss the tire off the tailgate, and the curvy appeal with round headlights.

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. The sales were not dissapppointing so where the heck do they come up with that information? Sales were fantastic.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DC is slowly ruining the Jeep brand. Whoever heard of a front wheel drive Jeep based on a car platform? I'm glad I have my '99 TJ and '06 KJ. I wouldn't even consider buying any of the newly redesigned models...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the article is referring to UK. (says channel 4 - UK)...They sure sold a lot of them here. I saw figures once and it was around 850,000 I think if I remember right, and that had to be a year ago. That's a lot of KJ's in my opinion.

The brand is changing. The Compass is a ralyee car, the Patriot is FWD/4WD or is it AWD, but the KK is still RWD/4WD. And the JK STILL has a SFA. Having said all that I'll take a 4.0 TJ any day. I really like the feel of the low torque band in the 4.0

Dave

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brand is changing. The Compass is a ralyee car, the Patriot is FWD/4WD or is it AWD, but the KK is still RWD/4WD. And the JK STILL has a SFA. Having said all that I'll take a 4.0 TJ any day. I really like the feel of the low torque band in the 4.0

Dave

Agreed.

Latest posts

Members online