New tpms sensor won't train

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheZombieNinja3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have an 04 renegade, and had a bad tpms sensor. I ordered a new tpms sensor and got it installed. Now I know you are supposed to drive over 25mph for ten minutes. I did that, but not instead of reading 0psi, it shows blank lines for that tire. I tried to train the tpms after driving, but the new sensor won't train. It's the front right wheel. So I start at the driver front then the new one is next. But after putting the trainer magnet on it and hold it there. It does nothing then aborts the training. Any ideas here? I can't figure it out.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this problem! What you want to do is bring the truck to a shop that has the tire pressure sensor programmer computer and have them trigger the tire pressure sensors one at a time running the truck threw its training cycle. I learned this the hard way it took me 5 trips to my tire place to figure this one out.

TheZombieNinja3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after running around to ask the local shops no one has the programmer for the sensor. So I'm at a loss here. Any helpful thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

TheZombieNinja3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course right after I pay that I found a place that does it. I'm in the waiting room now lol. Thank you though!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure that they know to run it threw its training cycle and that they must trigger each sensor with the programmer like how we do it with the magnet but except with there programmer. And do not let them tell you that all you need to do is drive the jeep because just driving the truck does not work the train the sensors.

mad mechanic

Reaction score
is it possible that you have replaced the wrong sensor, if the wheels have been rotated and the sensor has not told the tpm ecu it has moved places its possible you "think" its say the nsf when its actually the osr....i have had this numerous times in our dealership, people have been to kwik fit had tyres fitted and kwik fit cant prog the "new" sensor they had fitted, usually ends up costing more for them to have to then bring it back to us..lol we have the tool that reads the sensors on each wheel and can turn it on and off.