new to the forums

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The PCM tuning will give more power and if you keep your foot out of the fun pedal you can actually increase mpg's since the engine does not have to work harder.

The only proven way to keep or increase mpg's is to keep up with the maintenance(plugs and such) and to regear.

That, and only drive downhill.............:smokin:

Dave

cj3waker

Reaction score
The PCM tuning will give more power and if you keep your foot out of the fun pedal you can actually increase mpg's since the engine does not have to work harder.

The only proven way to keep or increase mpg's is to keep up with the maintenance(plugs and such) and to regear.

wouldnt all the standard performance options increase power and require less work from the engine?

regearing to 4.10 will increase MPG? I would have thought the opposite

Last edited:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wouldnt all the standard performance options increase power and require less work from the engine?

With bigger tires your engine will work harder to turn them. With 4.10s it will work less to turn them.

04lanekj -- if you're getting 13mpg you need a serious tune up.

I'm lifted 3 inches with 245/75 GY duratracs and I'm getting 16.5 all city driving. I think I'm getting around 20 on the highway but not sure, haven't taken a trip for a while.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There are no "standard" performance options for the 3.7.

If you plan on doing 80mph on the highway then lower gears will make it worse or gearing to low,which is not possible on a stock KJ.4.10's for stock through 245/75's(31" tires) is great,so-so for bigger.265/75's on a KJ really need 4.56's.

Latest posts

Members online