New to KJ forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasTacticalJeep

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. Stumbled across the site just by chance when doing research on buying a KJ for my daughter. Now that she crashed it after only having it for a month I am in the process of fixing it. I'll post some pics of before and after. I may have lots of question for all you experienced guys/gals.

We love the KJ and now it may get a lift, larger tires and other goodies along with the repairs already needed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. Stumbled across the site just by chance when doing research on buying a KJ for my daughter. Now that she crashed it after only having it for a month I am in the process of fixing it. I'll post some pics of before and after. I may have lots of question for all you experienced guys/gals.

We love the KJ and now it may get a lift, larger tires and other goodies along with the repairs already needed.

well if you need parts contact ThunderbirdJunkie he is parting out his what kind of parts do you need he will give you a good deal on them

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f194/parting-out-kj-53440/

TexasTacticalJeep

Reaction score
It got hit on the front passenger side. Upper and lower control arms, fender, grill supports for grill, bumper cover.
Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Dave

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was a nice looking KJ! Going to be nice looking again! Looks like the second set of pics are a broken!

TexasTacticalJeep

Reaction score
Update, Found a year newer Renegade for parts,. Bought front fender and flare, complete passenger side suspension. Wish the ARB front bumpers weren't so pricey. This weekend I will replace the broken suspension components and then start on the body repair. More pictures to follow of my new project. Thanks for all the welcomes!

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, Found a year newer Renegade for parts,. Bought front fender and flare, complete passenger side suspension. Wish the ARB front bumpers weren't so pricey. This weekend I will replace the broken suspension components and then start on the body repair. More pictures to follow of my new project. Thanks for all the welcomes!

I am glad that you found the parts needed I would still look into an ARB it will pay for its self in the long run mine payed for its self when a ford expo clipped me lets just say he had to be towed away

TexasTacticalJeep

Reaction score
Today I installed the suspension components and now hopefully all that needs to be done is the alignment. I'm worried the body may be torqued. I hope not. It looks like the wheel opening from the back of the tire to the firewall doesn't have as much space as the drivers side. It may not be but it has me worried something is not right. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Thinking of going with a chrome grill or maybe black instead of having the grill painted to match the rest of the truck.

TexasTacticalJeep

Reaction score
Update !

The eBay parts are on the truck and it's now drivable. The hood and body work will be painted in January. We scored a hood, bumper support and cover, grill support and chrome grill, both headlights and both turn signals all for $650.00 including shipping. All delivered in 2 days.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to copy the section that just has IMG tags in the brackets.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From flickr, mine looks like this, but with opening [ and ending ]

img]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5508/10410380644_51994da0e5_z.jpg[/img

No quotes or any other stuff.

TexasTacticalJeep

Reaction score
Almost finished with repairs

Here's some pictures of the repair progress. Had to weld the alignment adjusters things to get it near specs so its drivable.

Attachments

• IMAG0499.jpg
    IMAG0499.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1163.jpg
    IMG_1163.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 19
  • Sarah wrenching on the Jeep.jpg
    Sarah wrenching on the Jeep.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Sarahs Jeep.jpg
    Sarahs Jeep.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 18

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you had to weld the adjusters sounds like you have a problem yet. Shouldn't have to do that to get it aligned. Is the cradle in the right location, not shoved over ?

TexasTacticalJeep

Reaction score
The adjustment marks for the cam bolts were bent out of shape from the collision. So I had to bend them into place using the original dimple welds as a alignment mark and then tack weld. The camber is slightly off after the alignment and the tech mentioned the the cradle may have shifted slightly. hopefully I'll be able to correct the problem without replacing the cradle. I should have been a little clearer in my explanation. I don't even know what those are called but its where the cam bolts adjust.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would get the cradle back where it needs to be first.
Not too hard to do. had a friend hit a curb while on a icy road and tweaked his. After trying to get several good alignments from different shops, the place I use finally found the problem. Was able to loosen the bolts for the cradle and get it back into position.