New to Jeeps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Still waiting on my RRO lift. I did get the upper A arms about a month ago. But waiting in everything else. They’ve been telling me for the last 6 weeks, “it’ll be another two weeks.” When I talked to the at the beginning of this week (12/6), they said the last parts should be in and ready to ship next week. So with any luck I’ll have a nice Christmas present… But I’m not holding my breath.

I expected 4-6 weeks before it got to me, but it will be 11 weeks by the time it gets to me. Not sure if piecing a kit together would have come in quicker or not… Very disappointing and frustrating.
That is RRO for you
Plus check over your springs very close
also make sure you got 790s for the front may pass off 927s as working which they do not
It seems they have been trying to pass off their own springs for OME lately ( well tried it before then stopped for a while )
If they said it was raining outside, I'd step out to verify that it was
That is how trustworthy they are

RockinRam96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a little disappointed. Was hoping to have this together for this hunting season. The season will be pretty much over by the time I get the kit and get it installed. I already missed 2 hunting trips waiting.

Not to mention, I don’t have a shop. Jeep had been torn apart outside, now with winter weather here, it should be a real picnic to put together in the snow and cold.

RockinRam96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, went to register the Jeep the week before last, turns out a PA title needs to be notarized. I sent it out in the mail on 12/21. The previous owner still hasn't received it in the mail...

Just when I thought I was in the clear... FedEx has lost my package. Expected delivery was 12/29.... Last FedEx has record of it was 12/22...

This Jeep is cursed.

RockinRam96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got every thing in the mail. Front springs look to be OME 706, struts are OME as well.

Attachments

• 9DB258A2-D1D3-4797-9430-5040899653A6.jpeg
    9DB258A2-D1D3-4797-9430-5040899653A6.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 10

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
706 ?????
Should be a tag on the front springs saying 927
Well at least the front SHOCKS are OME then
Use your top plate and get rid of those dang RRO top plates

RockinRam96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started putting things together. What’s the secret to getting the strut fork onto the lower a-arm?

Also, I swapped out the lower control arm bushings, what is the best way to get things lined up with the alignment bolts? Measure front and back bolts from side to side, make sure they measure the same? Will this make the front end square?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Should of marked the alignment bolts before removing them that way they would of been close for future reference
No measuring them to be the same will not get it back into alignment , close maybe but will still be off , its a guessing game now , maybe you can tell where they were before ?
The fork is pretty easy, hook up 2 ratchet straps, hooked to the other side , one to each leg and then pull into position

RockinRam96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah major ***** up on my end not marking the alignment bolts. It will be going to the shop right away so I can always have them look at it.

Boy that seems like a long way to pull the strut fork down to get to the a-arm. But I’ll give it a shot. Thanks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah major ***** up on my end not marking the alignment bolts. It will be going to the shop right away so I can always have them look at it.

Boy that seems like a long way to pull the strut fork down to get to the a-arm. But I’ll give it a shot. Thanks.
They will pull right back in ,

RockinRam96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sure I’ll need longer brake lines for this before I get to crazy. I am really only able to find Goodridge brake lines that are $$$$! I see there is an aid in the classified (it is old 2020) but how do I get credentials to post in the for sale section?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m sure I’ll need longer brake lines for this before I get to crazy. I am really only able to find Goodridge brake lines that are $$$$! I see there is an aid in the classified (it is old 2020) but how do I get credentials to post in the for sale section?
I ran over 4.5 inches of lift for over 100,000 miles and wheeled many times and never had to have longer brake lines
None of the ones I lifted did either over the years
On 06-07s you have to drop down the rear ones where they bolt/ fasten to the frame though
After you get enough posts ( I think its 50 now , you can post in there
that keeps people from joining, advertising something and disappearing

RockinRam96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean I am think of them stretched out on a Jack stand at the very bottom of the travel and they are a little tight. I am sure sitting in the ground it won’t be nearly as bad.

Yeah I figured it was tied to post count…. 50 post seems like a lot but I get it.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I mean I am think of them stretched out on a Jack stand at the very bottom of the travel and they are a little tight. I am sure sitting in the ground it won’t be nearly as bad.

Yeah I figured it was tied to post count…. 50 post seems like a lot but I get it.
Yeah, you’ll get there. A lifted Liberty really become hobby.

RockinRam96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We’ll finally got it in the ground. Rides great. Needs an alignment ASAP. It’s kind of all over the road.

Rides great. Drives great. Little noisy but I figured that’s be the case with these tires. Overall very happy. Just need to get the licensing figured out.

Attachments

• B83A93F1-7507-4CB9-89F7-73074BF849E3.jpeg
    B83A93F1-7507-4CB9-89F7-73074BF849E3.jpeg
    492.2 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Members online