New to Jeep with a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeePosadowski

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have just scoured your site for as much info as I could take in(all of which was phenomenal) but I am now about ready for bed but wanted to leave you all with a couple of questions.

1 - The inside of the passenger front tires treads are uneven, slanted front to back almost as if it has a broken belt...is this correct? We get a humming or whirling sound coming from that area while driving as well and I am wondering if this is related.

2 - Tonight we went over a speed bump not much faster then you are supposed to, but we heard a metal on metal crunching sound when it happened coming from the front right tire again and I am wondering if that would have anything to do with the tire wear as well.

3 - Where is the best place to suck Seafoam into the engine via vaccuum line. The only thing I could find online was through the brake booster but that was for a older Grand Cherokee.

And finally.

4 - I have never liked Jeep Liberty's, but then I took this offroading and was utterly blown away by its capabilities and versatility. Not to many daily drivers I have been in can go to the grocery store via the local quad trail with out getting scratched to death. My question is, is it worth it to drop money into this machine for a fun vehicle or would you have invested it into another vehicle? We are torn where we stand right now. Continue with the $400 a month payments and be scared to take it anywhere serious, or sell it and buy a 80's 4 runner that I can push boulders with and not think twice about scratching the paint. Will this thing actually take me anywhere we want with little worry?

You guys know your stuff so we are trusting you for the best information possible.

Thank you kindly from Kelowna

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tire wear get an alignment and have them check out the front end for loose parts. As a vehicle gets older the suspension gets weaker and alignment gets worse, of course you should have the alignment checked every 6 months anyways for good tire wear.
Noise over bumps more than likely sway bar bushings they all squeak, spary them with silicone spary every oil change and you'll be good.
As far as taking it off road and having as a DD. mines been that for over 145,000 miles and no problems, been lifted pretty much to the max height over 110,000 of those miles and still runs like a champ.
Would I have a trail only rig and a DD, used to but too much money unless I lived near the desert or Colorado etc where there are miles and miles of trails to run close by. just my 2 cents

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Liberty's are very capabable...heck they ran the Rubicon trail stock before production. With a lift, and some better tires, it will really surprise you...keep it.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem with the Jeep Liberty is that you can get sick, it is called Liberty Fever!
Suddenly you realize what it can do and where it can go and the I need it list starts to kick in!
If you live in Kelowna you will find this to be a very versatile Jeep. Short turning radius allows turning around on narrow trails..I like it. In winter the Jeep is awesome with the right tires and as mentioned an alignment and fresh suspension or lifted is best with OME springs and shocks etc. If you are off raod a set of skid plates is good too..OMG here comes the fever!...:)

JeePosadowski

Reaction score
The fever has already set in. We watched a LOST video today and TJKJ2002's yellow Jeep got Jocelyn a little wet and to save my manhood I am blaming it on the fever. About to post some pics and make a to do list. Put the spare on the front tire

cambertoes

Reaction score
Posted by wrngakee - Jeep parts

tj's don't need large amounts of horsepower they can go up mountains, can turn around in a swtich back instead of falling off a cliff. What else do you need? I'd definately take gobbs of grip over speed any day.
How about the military jeeps, I was thinking of those?