New tires, rims, mats, and seat covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fotodog

Reaction score
Hello,
I've been a long time lurker on this forum, and have read some great information, so it's time to give something back. I decided to spruce up my 2006 KJ, which only has 55k miles, and is the perfect vehicle to tow behind my motorhome. It also doubles as my work vehicle at times for hauling equipment.

The previous set of tires I installed were General Grabbers. While I'm sure they are great for off road, they became very noisy on the highway. I could barely hear myself think over 50mph. Also, the paint on the stock wheels on my 2006 KJ was peeling badly, and looked terrible. So, new tires and wheels!

After pouring over reviews at Tire Rack, I picked the Firestone Destination AT P235/70R16, because the ride and noise were rated the best of all the AT tires. The difference is amazing; my KJ now glides smoothly and quietly, and is fun to drive again. The set of 4 tires runs about $500, plus shipping, installation, etc.

For the wheels, I looked at dozens of styles on several different wheel visualizers on the web, and picked the MB Wheels Seven X 16x7 in gloss black. They have a chrome rim and center hub, which I really like with the black spokes, and they are a bargain at about $90 each. I got 5 wheels, so the spare looks good too.

Since I was on a roll, I also picked up some Weather Tech floor mats, which fit like they were factory made, worth the extra cost from the generic ones. The 2 mats for the front cost about $100.

And the last upgrade was Iggee seat covers, custom made. They are a huge improvement over the badly stained and faded cloth seats I had. Definitely takes some effort to install, but well worth it. The covers for front seats cost about $200.

I'm posting a couple of photos to show the end result.
Cheers!

Attachments

• Jeep.jpg
    Jeep.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Mats.jpg
    Mats.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Seats.jpg
    Seats.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice upgrades all the way around. I might do those floor mats to get me through the Cleveland winter.

Those seat covers look incredible! :)

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it but I think those are Weather tech floor mats, nice up grades I gotta do those set covers.

fotodog

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Nice catch Porkchop, you're right, those are Weather Tech floor mats. I've edited the original post.

QuickSilver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weathertech makes some nice products. I just bought a Weathertech trunk liner for my Challenger and it fit like a glove.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking jeep.

Dave

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice upgrades. I like your new seat covers and the Weathertech mats are quite expensive though they look good and durable.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice upgrades - the Jeep looks really good!

I've had my eye on those Iggee seat covers for a couple of years - in that same color pattern too. After seeing yours I think my PayPal account will have some activity soon :icon_lol:

Bob