New Springs Fitted!!..................

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Finally got my new springs fitted. As some of you will probably rememberl, I was exploring options of OME etc but then my jetski decided to die and I was forced into the cheaper option on the springs. Not ideal I know, but ended up fitting factory DIESEL springs onto my 2.4 petrol and it has lifted the front up nicely! I know it wont last as long as the OME etc etc etc but anything was better than nothing and I am happy with it and that is all that matters. It has set the driveshafts at a better angle (You will have to look at my previous post for the driveshaft angle before cos only allowed to post 5 photos) and got a factory recall for the UCA as well so got those done at the same time and a full geometry check so he drives lovely now. Thanks to all those of you who helped me out with the options and ideas. Keep it shiny side up! Going out to play in the snow now!! Lovely. Cheers, Steve :smokin:

Attachments

• Drive shaft after.JPG
    Drive shaft after.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Front height before.JPG
    Front height before.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Front height after.jpg
    Front height after.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Left side before.jpg
    Left side before.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Left side after.jpg
    Left side after.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 44

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Well very good for now, the CRD springs are tougher, made for more weight up front, and gave you some extra clearance. This is good. I am sure it feels better than before!
My stock suspension is bagged, I can not even get my fist between the front tire and flare LOL!
My Bilstien shocks arrived and in the new year I am going to go with OME 927 coils in front, 2-2 inch clevis, Teraflex stops and 948 for rear with the lifted Bilstien shock for the Dakota in the rear, with new hockey bump stops. This is hopefully going to offer a solid stable ride with clearance. Mine is long overdue for new suspension.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pst, Banditsteve. I'm also weighing my options for new suspension and I've considered the CRD option for my sagging springs. Did you change your shocks too?

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish mine had Cherokee letters on it instead of Liberty....oh well. Maybe I can change them in the spring when I find some for a dollar...which means never.....