New spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After all of the discussions on spark plugs for the 3.7?
Copper only no plats, double plats etc, they don't work well at all on these motors unless you want some misfires, no running right etc
The 3.7 was designed for coppers only

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my new plugs today so my Saturday morning is planned. At 127k miles I think I'm due...last done at 95 I believe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^Thanks! Didn't realize the 3.7s were so sensitive to this.

Most vehicles not designed to run on Platinum plugs won't run well on Platinum plugs. They require different voltages from the coils than copper ones to get a decent spark, and don't last longer in any case. Stock works best!

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most vehicles not designed to run on Platinum plugs won't run well on Platinum plugs. They require different voltages from the coils than copper ones to get a decent spark, and don't last longer in any case. Stock works best!

My Titan requires NGK Platinum Laser Iridium plugs. $35/Plug from the dealer and $32/Plug from my local part place... At least with Rock Auto ill end up around $20/Plug shipped to my door. I miss good ol Champion copper plugs for $2/Plug lol.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed plugs in an hour and 20 minutes. First time doing it so I didn't rush. I recommend a deep 10mm socket for moving the radiator overflow and coil packs. It started and is running so I didn't screw it up....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

fishyx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna do the old hunt camp 2002 this weekend and I already picked up the copper Autolites. Are these decent or is it important to swap them out for the NGKs?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Gonna do the old hunt camp 2002 this weekend and I already picked up the copper Autolites. Are these decent or is it important to swap them out for the NGKs?

I ran a couple of sets of the Autolites , not bad
Like the Champions or NGK better but those will work for you

Last edited:

yippee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So to keep from starting a new thread over this, I'll ask here. And please forgive me for my Jeep Noobiness - I'm on my first Jeep and trying to learn. So it is generally regarded that the NGK ZFR6F-11G plugs are the best for the Liberty? On my Hondas I always ran NGK, then when I bought a Ranger everyone strictly recommended Motorcraft. Since I have a car in both camps, I wasn't sure where the Liberty resided. Just wanted to make sure this was generally the best recommendation before I purchased the new plugs. Thanks so much for the help, and again sorry for the noob question during my learning phase.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So to keep from starting a new thread over this, I'll ask here. And please forgive me for my Jeep Noobiness - I'm on my first Jeep and trying to learn. So it is generally regarded that the NGK ZFR6F-11G plugs are the best for the Liberty? On my Hondas I always ran NGK, then when I bought a Ranger everyone strictly recommended Motorcraft. Since I have a car in both camps, I wasn't sure where the Liberty resided. Just wanted to make sure this was generally the best recommendation before I purchased the new plugs. Thanks so much for the help, and again sorry for the noob question during my learning phase.

NGK or Champions generally you will find are the top 2. Copper only of course

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Last change I went to put autolites in but they were made in China...NGK was the same price and in stock so I went for those.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think at least a few of them had some defects, I remember something being loose on them.

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember buying once Autolite platinum, a month after i began to lose power i could notice the engine performance was not the same as i was before. Personally I do not recommend.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember buying once Autolite platinum, a month after i began to lose power i could notice the engine performance was not the same as i was before. Personally I do not recommend.

Just say NO to any Platinums in the KJ, no matter the brand

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just say NO to any Platinums in the KJ, no matter the brand

Yep, been there, done that, won't do it again. I tried the fancy Bosch +4 before I knew better. The originals were so bad they seemed to help a bit. Then read about using the coppers and used the correct NGKs. BIG improvement! Peppy accel, idle and MPG.