New Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moose340

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would so no. But you have do all the hard work twice. Id just wait till you have everything. Thats what Im doing ordering things in small batches

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Partial wrong answer
Fronts no they are the same
rears yes since you need longer if you want to have any flex at all, plus the stockers when lifted will top out

BDeanJr86

Reaction score
I would so no. But you have do all the hard work twice. Id just wait till you have everything. Thats what Im doing ordering things in small batches

How can you do that? I would go nuts having the stuff sitting around and not being able to put it on my Jeep! Also, what are you buying for struts, shocks, and coils? Could you put just the fronts on first if you wanted? Haha

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can you do that? I would go nuts having the stuff sitting around and not being able to put it on my Jeep! Also, what are you buying for struts, shocks, and coils? Could you put just the fronts on first if you wanted? Haha
What are the struts for? The KJ does not use struts as it has coilovers in the front and seperate shock/coil in the rear.

moose340

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Im have patients grass hopper..............I waited five years to have a vehicle I could do whatever I want to sooo a few more months aint going to hurt :gr_grin:

I have OME coils and Bilstein shocks waiting for me, right now Im waiting for tires.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Im have patients grass hopper..............I waited five years to have a vehicle I could do whatever I want to sooo a few more months aint going to hurt :gr_grin:

I have OME coils and Bilstein shocks waiting for me, right now Im waiting for tires.

Good for you.
I am the same way, I buy parts until I have everything and then install it all at once.

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every parts maker has their own definition of shocks or struts it seems. Some consider the front coil over a strut, since the spring is captured on the part, and I'm guessing since it is the primary spring, or the only spring. Others call them coil over shocks, since they dont take the place of an upper balljoint. Drives me nuts when looking up parts on smart Ecat, have to look in different sections for the same part.

RexTheShocker

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for shocks I found

2x Part #: BIL F4-BE5-A702-H0

2x Part #: BIL F4-BE5-6458-H7

Shipped for $264.12 seems like a good price unless someone knows of a better deal.