New Rear Springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Deaver makes good springs, had them make a set for my old Cherokee . Just give them weights/ what you want lift wise etc
Don't have to go through anyone to get them, expensive but great quality

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had them make a set for my 2000 Ranger and I paid less than $225 shipped for the progressive rate front coils. When I did the SAS on my Bronco I went with linear rate and they were closer to $300 shipped. The price just depends on the spring height/width, wire diameter, and progressive rate or linear.

OP, I'd recommend going with Deaver. They cost more than ones from JBA , but getting exactly what you want is well worth it. I've also used the air rite air bags(just the cheap kit without compressor) and had good luck. The ass sat low on my TJ when loaded, so I figured I'd try them out. They worked good and I never had a problem with them. Didn't notice any loss in performance offroad either.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of a HD spring from Deaver. Ideally, I'd purchase a whole 4" coil-over from JBA and a custom 4" spring from either kayak or Deaver, but its so $$$$. I think the best option for now is to replace the 2.5" coil spring w/, not sure which one is stiffer, either the JBA or OME HD and then get the Monroe sensa-track load absorbing shock. It's gotten to the point where any extra weight makes the bump stops touch the axle, and hitting a speedbump or pothole causes the rear to bottom out onto the bump stops. I'll see if the air bags will be necessary after a few trips this winter, but I imagine the addition of the load absorbing shocks will make a good difference w/ the stiffer springs.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the idea of a HD spring from Deaver. Ideally, I'd purchase a whole 4" coil-over from JBA and a custom 4" spring from either kayak or Deaver, but its so $$$$. I think the best option for now is to replace the 2.5" coil spring w/, not sure which one is stiffer, either the JBA or OME HD and then get the Monroe sensa-track load absorbing shock. It's gotten to the point where any extra weight makes the bump stops touch the axle, and hitting a speedbump or pothole causes the rear to bottom out onto the bump stops. I'll see if the air bags will be necessary after a few trips this winter, but I imagine the addition of the load absorbing shocks will make a good difference w/ the stiffer springs.

With the full RL rear bumper, with both swing outs, Kilby gas tank skid, lots of spares, tools etc in the back of mine the JBA coils and Sensatrac overloads have done great. Thats with pulling either one of my trailers fully loaded ( 6X10 enclosed or 5X8 with sideboards loaded with oak firewood)

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on FedEx to deliver the JBA 2.5" coil springs, but once they are here I'm going to begin the installation. The monroes arrived last week, they look considerably beefier than the OMEs I'm running now. Any tips before I get started?

When I get done with the rear I'll post some photos and some new measurements so we can see what I'm gaining back. Depending on where the rear ends up, I may do a clevis lift to give these 265/75s a bit more room.

It's good to have some folks with solid info out there. Thanks for all help so far. :party52::icon_lol: