New Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajaiello85

Reaction score
Hey Everyone-

I bought a 03 Liberty Renegade last week, and I have a couple issues...go figure lol. My Jeep started to produce a clicking or ticking noise coming from the rear passenger side while slowing down or driving at speeds under 10 mph this noise stops when vehicle is over 10 miles an hour. I used the E-brake on the mountain over the weekend, and it started to happen shortly after that.
I would also like to treat the Jeep with Seafoam. I'm planning on doing the crankcase and gastank. I would also like induce it through the vaccuum lines. Could anyone post a picture of the preferred line to use? Thanks in advance fellas.

Anthony

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the rear e-brake friction material come off the shoe and tumble around inside the e-brake drum. Scared the crap out of me too, cause it would get lodged and cause a thumping sound as I was driving. When I pulled the rotor off, the friction pad was completely off the e-brake shoe, and the material just spilled out of the e-brake drum.

If you haven't gone over your brakes yet, it may be that. Also a common issue from what I've read is the rear u-joint. The suggestion was made to try to touch it after driving to see if it's warm/hot. It shouldn't be if it's still good.