New owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rukusjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hope you enjoyed and maybe helped out a few folks on deciding with a purchase of the new KK

Attachments

• Rukus - 25.jpg
    Rukus - 25.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Rukus - 28.jpg
    Rukus - 28.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Rukus - 31.jpg
    Rukus - 31.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Rukus - 32.jpg
    Rukus - 32.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 18

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Personally, I like the new interiors Chrysler has been producing. Sure it doesnt feel like a BMW or anything, but they just seem to have their own identities. Oh, and you still need to get it off the beaten path. :)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Very nice. Personally, I like the new interiors Chrysler has been producing. Sure it doesnt feel like a BMW or anything, but they just seem to have their own identities. Oh, and you still need to get it off the beaten path. :)

You do? I think they're boring, cheap, uninspiring (KK included), lacking any design whatsoever, and just put together in a last minute rush to get a vehicle out. Seems like most people have been feeling this way, Chrysler knows it and supposedly they're doing something about it. We'll see when the '09 Ram is shown soon. Kia and Hyundai have been putting together better looking stuff than Chrysler lately.

Everything....
The interior quality of some of Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge's recent new products has come in for a lot of criticism. Hard plastics and cheap-looking finishes have been the order of the day.

Pacifica
The final issue I take is with the various interior plastics. Door panels, for instance, are soft touch just around the armrest, but the rest of the panel is rock hard plastic (though it looks okay because of the "leather-like" grain). This is an area you're very likely to be touching because of the location, and on a Chrysler-badged, $30,000-plus vehicle (you can easily cross $40,000 depending on trim and equipment) this is patently unacceptable.

Sebring
The cabin is similarly becoming, all clean lines and no clutter. Like a pair of snappy sunglasses, the rim of the steering wheel of the Limited is inlaid with plastic tortoise-shell trim and it's complemented by a strip on the dash. Too bad the material doesn't look too classy here, so it's probably best that this stuff is underemployed. There's lots of plastic trim meant to resemble satin-finished aluminum, and it's a lot more persuasive. Unfortunately, the leather upholstery seems like the hardest-wearing hide available, just one step beyond vinyl.

Nitro
Other controls, specifically the emergency brake handle, don't feel designed for human use — it's too thin, like grabbing a knife handle. The rest of the interior materials, especially the hard plastic on the dash and in the cargo area, is abundant and looks a little cheap.

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do? I think they're boring, cheap, uninspiring (KK included), lacking any design whatsoever, and just put together in a last minute rush to get a vehicle out. Seems like most people have been feeling this way, Chrysler knows it and supposedly they're doing something about it. We'll see when the '09 Ram is shown soon. Kia and Hyundai have been putting together better looking stuff than Chrysler lately.

Whatever. That's your opinion.

MarkB

Reaction score
As is yours, so what's the problem here? :) :p

Easy now!! I personally like most of the new Mopar vehicles. I have been a devoted GM man for 28 years of driving. I have also had a Suzuki and a Toyota mixed in an 3 Honda motocycles. Total vehicles for me and the wife and kids are exceeding the 30 mark. I have made the comment several times lately that Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep are producing the new cars that make you step back and say WOW that's sharp. We just got our KK Friday. We had the 07 KJ with ****** issues. I still like the KJ style but, I also am impressed with the KK. Ours is the 4x2 version as we are not big off roaders. Nothing at all against the ones that are. I would also like to have a new Wrangler Unlimited, Charger and SRT-10. Maybe in the next few years who knows.

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
GM and I don't get along. At least Chryslers still have a "personality" even though the interiors (IMO) don't really show it. GM stuff is... boring. Of course I will say this:

I'd rather have any current Chrysler over anything GM, especially the crap they were producing in the '80s and '90s and early '00s. GM's looking good these days, but they're just so boring.

And congrats on the KK!

MarkB

Reaction score
GM and I don't get along. At least Chryslers still have a "personality" even though the interiors (IMO) don't really show it. GM stuff is... boring. Of course I will say this:

I'd rather have any current Chrysler over anything GM, especially the crap they were producing in the '80s and '90s and early '00s. GM's looking good these days, but they're just so boring.

And congrats on the KK!

Thanks!! I understand. GMs are not for everyone. I know them inside and out, my dad was a GM service manager for 41 years. He worked at the same dealership for 46 1/2 years. Yes I am the blacksheep of our family.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Thanks!! I understand. GMs are not for everyone. I know them inside and out, my dad was a GM service manager for 41 years. He worked at the same dealership for 46 1/2 years. Yes I am the blacksheep of our family.

Ouch. Our family is like sprinkles. There's a few Chryslers, a few Fords, and a smaller population of GMs. I got an uncle who has nothing GM in his driveway anymore..... everything's Chrysler from the 300C to the Durango to the Ram. There's the occasional Lexus as well.

Of all these, there's only a handful of Jeeps. I can only really think of 4, including mine and my sister's.

MarkB

Reaction score
I do have a couple of cousins that drive Dodge diesels. The rest of the family are primarily Chevy. My brother is a Vette and Camaro nut. He has a 04 Z06 vette that is pretty sweet. He just sold his first car that he had for 32 years a 62 Impala SS.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Driven a 'vette lately? :p

MarkB

Reaction score
Just to let you guys know. The first tank some town driving, mostly hiway yielded 19.9 mpg. I love it!!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Driven a 'vette lately? :p

Yes, as a matter of fact I have. I work valet, I've driven a crapload of things, lol.

The interior is cool, I like the instrument cluster. Nice and bright, easy to read. But as far as the car itself... I'm not a fan. Give me a regular every-day car and I'm happy. Exotics and sports cars like that don't do anything for me.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow great! Hope that it keeps up for you. Until you get the lift, tires, mods, etc...

My mpg is still fairly good with the lift and tires. I only run the cragars in the winter so it could just be winter gas and cold winter temps that kill the mpg. I usually get 18-19mpg in the winter and 19-21 in the summer.

attachment.php

^^, haha, that *****.

Last edited:

mcd001

Reaction score
Nice ride, rukus. I checked out that same color KK this weekend, although I'm leaning towards black. Think I might be heading back to the dealer this weekend for another look and maybe join the KK club. :)